Remote Northern Flinders Camel Trek
From 19/04/2021 to 11/09/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Explore wilderness areas of the Flinders Ranges far from the tourist sites.
Wind through majestic hills covered in mallee trees and native pines.
Trek the ancient rugged landscape of the Flinders Ranges.
Marvel at the slanting red cliffs dotted with spinifex clumps at Nildottie Gap.
6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 dinners1 night Hotel accommodation5 nights camping and use of swag2 professional CameleersCamp equipmentTransfers to/from Adelaide to start of tripEmergency communications and group first aid kitGroup Size: 4 - 10.
Trekking with day pack.
Day 1 - Preparing for trek and safety briefing This morning you will be collected from Adelaide Central Bus Station at 08:30am to arrive at Flinders and Beyond property by early afternoon. The first evening will be spent meeting with our team of camels and include a safety briefing. Swags will be provided and a swag tutorial given. Dinner will be prepared on the camp fire before bed. Travel: from Adelaide 6 hrs
Day 2 - Rolling hills of the Flinders Ranges In the morning breakfast will be laid out and swags rolled. The camels are loaded after breakfast and the trek departs. Loading for the first time on a trek appears hectic; loading times will decrease as everyone becomes more confident with the camels and gear. Assistance will be required with the loading and unloading of the camels each day, we only ask that each person helps to their own capabilities. Once the camels are loaded the trek departs. At lunch time we pull up, boil the billy and eat. We continue to walk for a couple of hours after lunch then find a suitable camp for the night. Fire wood is collected and dinner prepared.
Day 3 - Lake Torrens and Lake Frome Watershed Today the walking takes you up dry rocky creeks, narrow gaps and gorges. You head across the rugged landscape which boarders the protected Lake Torrens and Lake Frome. Unfortunately we are unable to access these lakes directly as they lie on sacred Aboriginal land. From here you cross the water shed to start the journey downstream over large sandy creeks lined with native pine vegetation.
Day 4 - Mallee Trees and Native Pines As we wind through the majestic hills covered in mallee trees and native pines you will pas through the gap of the towering ranges to the the welcoming site of the small spring fed water hole. The afternoon produces an enchanting walk along the base of the ranges.
Day 5 - Acacias, Cassias and Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby Today you will pass through the valley surrounded by open hills. This day brings changes in the surrounding vegetation with outcrops of acacias and cassias. You will travel further along the rocky creek to be surrounded by the towering gorge walls where you will have the chance to see the endemic yellow footed rock wallaby as you pass by another spring fed water hole.
Day 6 - Angorichina Station Woolshed and Blinman Following along the creek you encounter several more inviting spings until you pass the historic Angorichina Station Woolshed, a relic from the 1850's before returning to the Flinders and Beyond property where you will take a short transfer to the town of Blinman for the evening. You can explore the small town or Blinman, or take in a tour at the Tin Mine. After checking into your accommodation you will have a chance to refresh and recharge before the group will get together for a final dinner in Hotel.
Day 7 - Return to Adelaide After a leisurely morning breakfast the group will complete final preparations before the return journey back to Adelaide where the tour will conclude. Expected arrival time in Adelaide is around 4pm so please don't book a departure flight before around 7pm. Travel: to Adelaide 6 hrs
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans