Huilloc Village Healthy Cook Stove Project
From 27/10/2020 to 30/10/2020
Install cook stoves to make life changing improvements for local villagers.
Help a village in a remote corner of the beautiful Sacred Valley.
Gain an intimate insight into the fascinating Andean culture.
Work alongside the people of Huilloc village.
See local women give a weaving demonstration.
3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinnerspick up from Cusco hotel on day 1group medical kitcomfortable and central hotel in Ollantaytamboguesthouse accommodation at Huillocprivate internal transportationWorld Expeditions will endeavour to arrange for single travellers to share accommodation with another participant of the same gender, however if we can not match you up a single supplement will be applicable.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Community Project Travel.
Day 1 - Cusco to Huilloc This morning we transfer by private vehicle to the village of Huilloc (2 hr drive). Upon arrival in Huilloc we are greeted by the community and watch a traditional weaving demonstration and learn about the subsistence lifestyle of the community. We are shown the traditional cook stoves in place in the homes and experience first hand the smoke that is produced by the current cook stoves. We next meet the recipients of the new cook stoves that we will install in the coming days. After lunch we begin the installation of the first cook stove. Overnight Huilloc - Guesthouse.
Day 2 - Installing cook stoves at Huilloc Today we spend the full day installing cook stoves. The materials and equipment will be onsite when we arrive and the old cook stoves demolished. The group will be divided into groups of two-three people to work on each cook stove. There will be a local expert on hand to oversee the installations. It is estimated that each cook stove will take 3 hours to install. The cook stoves need to set for a period of 3 days before they can be rendered for use. Overnight in Huilloc - Guesthouse
Day 3 - Installing cook stoves at Huilloc, to Ollantaytambo Following breakfast we set to work for the morning to install the last cook stoves. Following lunch we drive 25 minutes to Ollantaytambo. The remainder of the afternoon is free. Overnight in Hotel - Ollantaytambo.
Day 4 - Ollantaytambo to Cusco Following breakfast, we transfer by private vehicle to Cusco (1.5 hr drive), where the trip concludes.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.