Walk the Canadian Rockies
From 18/06/2022 to 10/09/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 18 2022 to Jun Sat 25 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Jul Sat 02 2022 to Jul Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Aug Sat 06 2022 to Aug Sat 13 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Aug Sat 20 2022 to Aug Sat 27 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Sep Sat 03 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022AvailableFrom$2,610*
Set out on some of the world’s most spectacular walks, hiking through the Bow Glacier Falls, Valley of the Five Lakes, Wilcox Pass, Peyto Lake, the Iceline Trail and Tunnel Mountain.
Not only will you enjoy the expertise of a local leader, but all hikes will be lead by a certified hiking guide, ensuring your maximum safety and comfort.
And with all meals included, fuelling up for your adventures is a breeze.
Taking in stunning scenery isn’t just reserved for hikes – at the end of each day you’ll retire to scenic campgrounds serving up truly memorable views.
Marvel at the natural wonders of the Rockies during visits to Maligne Lake, Yoho’s natural bridge, Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls, Emerald Lake and the phenomenal Icefields Parkway.
Enjoy time to discover all that Jasper town and Banff National Park have to offer, with hiking, biking, hot pools and cosy pubs right at your fingertips.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 7.
Dinners Included: 7.
Camping (7 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Bow Glacier Falls Hike.
BBQ dinner surrounded by Rockies peaks.
Valley of Five Lakes Hike.
Jasper townsite visit.
Maligne Lake walk.
Wilcox Pass walk.
Natural Bridge walk.
Emerald Lake to Iceline Trail & Takakkaw Falls hike.
Lake Louise & Moraine Lake full day hike.
Morning hike on Sulphur Mountain.
Canmore townsite visit.
Day 1 - Calgary to Icefields Parkway Welcome to the Canadian Rockies! Your adventure begins in Calgary with a welcome meeting at 7.30am. You’ll be briefed on the activities ahead and meet your local leader and fellow travellers, then it’s time to hit the road along the Icefields Parkway, one of the most scenic and spectacular stretches of road in the world. Arrive at the beautiful Bow Lake and set out on the first of many truly incredible walks. This 5.6-mile circuit will lead you around the reflective waters of the lake, skimming a gorge with water rushing below, through to an outwash plain where you can see the wild Bow Falls. You’ll also soak in epic views with every step; Crowfoot Mountain, Bow Crow Peak, Mt Gordon and many other peaks provide the backdrop for your walk. After an exciting first day, retire to your remote and picturesque campground within Banff National Park.
Day 2 - Jasper National Park Wake up and breathe in the fresh mountain air before returning to the Icefields Parkway. So much more than just a road, the parkway is punctuated with many world-class wonders, and your drive will be broken up with stops at magnificent lakes, waterfalls or glaciers. You’ll then head out on the Valley of the Five Lakes hike through the remarkable landscapes of Jasper National Park. The hike is expected to take around two to three hours, and as the name suggests, you will pass by five beautiful alpine lakes, each displaying different shades of blues and greens caused by varying depths, algae and glacial dust. The evening will be spent in a serene setting in Jasper National Park.
Day 3 - Jasper National Park This morning you will travel to Maligne Lake – famed for its bright blue waters, there are few more beautiful spots in the country. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way – moose, deer, grizzlies and black bears have all been spotted along this stretch of road. There are two gentle hiking options available in the area, or you may prefer to rent a canoe or kayak to see the lake’s beauty from a different perspective. Your leader will be on hand to make suggestions on the best way to enjoy a morning here. Stop for lunch and take some time to soak up the amazing scenery, then spend the afternoon in Jasper town, with a laidback vibe and a picture-perfect mountain backdrop. You may like to hire a bike and explore the area on two wheels, sit back and relax in one of the town’s cosy pubs or take the Jasper SkyTram up The Whistlers mountain, from where you can take a short walk with jaw-dropping views of Jasper National Park.
Day 4 - Yoho National Park Put your best foot forward this morning and set out on the Willcox Pass Hike, expected to take around three to four hours. Trek past a small wetland, take in views of the Sunwapta Pass and climb above the treeline to a set of Canada’s famous red chairs, inviting visitors to sit back and take a moment to soak up the view. You’ll also be able to see the glaciers and peaks of the Columbia Icefield, including the awe-inspiring Athabasca glacier. Then, drive on to Peyto Lake, made famous by its icy glacial waters, and take a short hike up to a viewpoint where you can admire the lake in its vibrant glory. Carry on to Yoho National Park and visit its natural bridge, spanning the powerful Kicking Horse River.
Day 5 - Yoho National Park Begin your day with a visit to Emerald Lake within Yoho National Park. True to its name, the cool green waters are truly a sight to behold. Then it’s time to get your heartrate up on the Iceline Trail within the park, following a splendid circuit past soaring mountains decorated with glaciers, dramatic valleys and peaceful meadows. Depending on the interests of the group, there is an 8.6 mile or 13 mile option, both serving up unforgettable scenery. After your hike, give your legs a rest as you make a short and gentle walk to the Takakkaw Falls, where you’ll soon find out why the name translates to ‘wonderful’ in the First Nations Cree language. At a cloud-piercing height of 373m, this is the second tallest waterfall in Canada, and surely the most spectacular to look at.
Day 6 - Banff National Park Make the drive this morning to Lake Louise. Here you’ll experience natural beauty at its very best – dazzling peaks dusted with snow are juxtaposed against the pristine glittering lake, creating an image that looks too perfect to be real. There are many hiking options here spanning various lengths and levels of difficulty – speak to your leader for more information on which hike is best for you. If you choose a shorter option, the Lake Louise Fairmont Hotel sits right on the shores of the lake and serves as a perfect spot to take in the scenery with some poutine or a cocktail in hand.
Day 7 - Banff National Park The day is yours to explore all that Banff National Park and town has to offer – your leader will have all the best tips on things to see and do here. You may like to stretch your legs and climb up the scenic Sulphur Mountain, or kick your feet up and ride a gondola to the summit. Why not relax and unwind in the Banff upper hot springs – at a height of 5000ft (1524m), these are Canada’s highest natural springs. Evenings here are just as fun-filled as the days; perhaps head to a local eatery to sample an elk burger, or check out the beverages at the town’s microbrewery – the views here are worth raising a toast to!
Day 8 - Banff National Park to Calgary Start the day with a short hike at Tunnel Mountain, a final chance to walk among the Rockies’s unbeatable scenery. Afterwards, begin the journey back to Calgary (approximately 1.5 hours), stopping along the way in the cosy mountain town of Canmore. Take some time so reminisce about all you’ve achieved and discovered over the course of your adventure over a cup of tea or coffee. Return to Calgary, where on arrival your adventure will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans