Newfoundland Adventure: Westbound
From 19/05/2024 to 19/08/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sun 19 2024 to May Sat 25 2024Sold OutFrom$4,160*
Jun Tue 04 2024 to Jun Mon 10 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,160*
Jun Thu 20 2024 to Jun Wed 26 2024AvailableFrom$4,010*
Jul Sat 06 2024 to Jul Fri 12 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,490*
Jul Mon 22 2024 to Jul Sun 28 2024AvailableFrom$4,160*
Aug Wed 07 2024 to Aug Tue 13 2024AvailableFrom$4,410*
Take in superb coastal views as you enjoy a delicious picnic lunch followed by a walk along the Skerwink Trail, one of the North America’s best trails.
Cruise through pristine waters as you keep an eye out for whales, seabirds and more.
Watch the puffins at Elliston’s renowned viewing site which offers one of the closest land views of these birds in North America.
Wander the ancient landscape at UNESCO World Heritage listed Gros Morne National Park and marvel at tumbling waterfalls and towering cliffs.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Water First.
Donations support their work to provide critical clean, safe water for indigenous communities in Canada.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (1 night),Bed & Breakfast (3 nights),Cabin (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
St John’s – Local dinner.
John’s – Leader led walking tour.
Trinity - Skerwink Trail hike.
Elliston - Puffin viewing.
Bonavista - Lighthouse visit.
Twillingate - Seabird & Whale watching boat tour.
Rocky Harbour - Lobster Cove Lighthouse visit.
Gros Morne National Park - Walk.
Gros Morne NP - Western Brook Pond Boat Tour.
Rocky Harbour – Complimentary departure transfer to Deer Lake Airport.
1 - St John Welcome to St John's! Meet your leader at the hotel for a group welcome meeting at 10am before heading off on a leader-led tour of the city. Take a drive up Signal Hill to enjoy sweeping views of St. John's Harbour and brighten your day with a stop at St John's famous colourful houses on 'Jellybean Row' and the charming harbourfront neighborhood of Quidi Vidi. This afternoon, you'll have free time to explore St John's before joining your group for a welcome dinner at Celtic Hearth. Sample Jigg's dinner pie, a classic Newfoundland dish, then head to a local pub for a traditional "screech-in" ceremony that involves a shot of screech (rum) and kissing a cod. It's more fun than you might think!
2 - Trinity After breakfast, drive to the start of the Skerwink Trail for a delicious picnic lunch and a walk along the coast. Named as one of the top trails in North America and Europe by Travel and Leisure Magazine, this easy hike offers superb photography and wildlife spotting opportunities. After the hike, head to Trinity and check into your accommodation then explore this charming historical town at your leisure or perhaps join your group for an informal dinner at a local restaurant.
3 - Trinity Today it's time to spot puffins at Elliston's renowned viewing site which offers one of the closest land views of puffins in North America. See if you can also spot the Puffin King, a rock formation which looks like a puffin sitting on a throne. After you've seen the puffins, drive 20 minutes north to visit the historic Cape Bonavista Lighthouse which is one of the most photographed places in Newfoundland. Climb the stairs to the top of the tower and see the seal oil-fuelled light that was used in the 1800s.
4 - Twillingate This morning, sit back and relax on the drive from Trinity to Twillingate where we'll check into our hotel before a late afternoon boat tour where we will spot whales and seabirds. In the spring, you might get to see icebergs floating down the stretch of water known as Iceberg Alley. After the cruise, head back to your hotel and take it easy or explore Twillingate which is known as "The Iceberg Capital of the World".
5 - Rocky Harbour Enjoy the scenic drive from Twillingate to Gros Morne National Park with a stop at along the way for a picnic lunch. After lunch, talk a walk around the historic Lobster Cove Lighthouse and enjoy the view of the rolling waves and rocky beaches far below. This evening you'll have time to settle into your hotel and perhaps take a walk around town or head out for dinner.
6 - Rocky Harbour Start the day with a stroll along the Western Brook Pond Trail and take in the view before boarding the Western Brook Pond Boat Tour. Don't forget your camera as you'll want to capture the dramatic waterfalls, towering cliffs and abundant wildlife that can be found in this glacier-carved land-locked fjord. This afternoon there is time to freshen up before the group comes together again for an optional dinner where you can celebrate your adventures!
7 - Rocky Harbour After breakfast, your Newfoundland adventure comes to an end. You can choose to stay in Rocky Harbour or take the complimentary group transfer to Deer Lake Regional Airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans