Taj Express - 8 Days
From 2021-10-23 to 2022-12-31
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Sat 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,935*
Nov Sat 13 2021 to Nov Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,935*
Dec Sat 25 2021 to Jan Sat 01 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Sat 15 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Feb Sat 05 2022 to Feb Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Mar Sat 05 2022 to Mar Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Apr Sat 02 2022 to Apr Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Apr Sat 16 2022 to Apr Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,935*
Apr Sat 30 2022 to May Sat 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
May Sat 14 2022 to May Sat 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
May Sat 28 2022 to Jun Sat 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Jun Sat 25 2022 to Jul Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
7 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
Guided sightseeing - Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and Karauli.
Travel by jeep to beautiful Amber Fort in Jaipur.
Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more) .
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 8 .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles .
Day 1 - Delhi Saturday. On arrival in Delhi you are met at the airport and transferred to our hotel. The rest of today is free to explore India’s capital at leisure before meeting the group and guide at the hotel at 18:00 for a Welcome meeting.
Day 2 - Old Delhi This morning we enjoy a packed day of sightseeing in Old and New Delhi. Check out the UNESCO-listed Humayun’s Tomb and Jama Masjid - India’s oldest and largest mosque. See the eternal flame at Raj Ghat, which was the site of Gandhi’s cremation and is now a place of peaceful contemplation. We also enjoy a thrilling rickshaw ride around the Chandni Chowk bazaar and explore New Delhi. Walk down the Rajpath, formerly known as the ‘King’s Way’ and see the famous India Gate monument. This evening we enjoy a group Namaste dinner.
Day 3 - Agra Delhi - Agra. Travel to Agra today and visit the impressive walled Agra Fort. Our day continues with a tour of the legendary Taj Mahal, India’s most famous site. This iconic white monument was built by the Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century in memory of his beloved wife. It is perhaps the most extravagant symbol of love the world has ever seen and has no rival.
Day 4 - Karauli Agra - Karauli. This morning we visit the eerie former Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri which has laid abandoned for more than 400 years. Continue to the beautiful Palace Bhanwar Vilas in Karauli, stopping for lunch en route. The palace is our home for the night and also remains the residence of the current Maharaja of the state. Enjoy free time to explore the palace grounds and if we’re lucky, we may be able to join a tour of the site led by the princess herself. The family is lovingly restoring the Karauli City Palace, which we visit later this afternoon. This evening, perhaps opt to attend the evening Aarti (prayer).
Day 5 - Jaipur Karauli - Jaipur. We travel to a local school this morning (if open) to meet the pupils and teachers. Our ‘Change for Children’ programme operates here and any donations you can spare help make a real difference to the lives of underprivileged children. You may wish to consider bringing some educational gifts with you on your tour (see trip notes) to give out to the children - they will be greatly appreciated.
Later, we continue to the vibrant UNESCO listed Pink City of Jaipur where the rest of the day is free to explore. Perhaps catch a Bollywood movie at the Raj Mandir Cinema or explore the buzzing walled city centre - look out for monkeys scampering across the rooftops.
Day 6 - Jaipur Enjoy an unforgettable experience early this morning with an optional balloon ride over Jaipur. Sail with the wind over the surrounding region and pass above hill-top forts and regal palaces. Later, enjoy a jeep ride to Amber Fort for a guided tour and visit a cotton weaving house for an authentic demonstration of fabric dyeing. We also tour the UNESCO-listed Jaipur City Palace and Jantar Mantar space observatory, which is home to the world’s largest stone sun dial.
Day 7 - Delhi Jaipur - Delhi. Return to Delhi today where the rest of the day is at leisure. Perhaps visit the impressive Akshardham - the world’s largest Hindu temple.
Day 8 - Delhi Saturday. Our Indian adventure comes to an end today with an included transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans