Kruger & Coast
From 09/03/2024 to 27/12/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sat 09 2024 to Mar Sun 17 2024AvailableFrom$1,444*
Apr Sat 13 2024 to Apr Sun 21 2024AvailableFrom$1,564*
Jun Sat 15 2024 to Jun Sun 23 2024AvailableFrom$1,875*
Jul Sat 20 2024 to Jul Sun 28 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Aug Sat 10 2024 to Aug Sun 18 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Sep Sat 07 2024 to Sep Sun 15 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Sep Sat 21 2024 to Sep Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Oct Sat 05 2024 to Oct Sun 13 2024AvailableFrom$1,875*
Nov Sat 16 2024 to Nov Sun 24 2024AvailableFrom$1,875*
Dec Sat 07 2024 to Dec Sun 15 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Dec Sat 21 2024 to Dec Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$1,950*
Jan Sat 04 2025 to Jan Sun 12 2025AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jan Sat 18 2025 to Jan Sun 26 2025AvailableFrom$1,895*
Feb Sat 15 2025 to Feb Sun 23 2025AvailableFrom$1,895*
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime chance to camp at the Black Mambas headquaters, the world's first all-female anti-poaching unit.
Join them for a bush walk to search for snares and hear their inspiring stories around the campfire in the evening.
Go on an epic safari in search of lions, hyenas and more through Kruger National Park – one of the largest National Parks in southern Africa.
Go overland in a purpose-built truck and stop to take in geological wonders like Bourke’s Luck Potholes along the Panorama Route.
Experience St Lucia from a whole new perspective on a guided Boat Safari down this UNESCO-listed landmark.
Swap four wheels for two legs on a guided walking safari through the Hlane Royal National Park with an expert Swazi guide, keeping an eye out for antelopes and zebras passing by.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Helping Rhinos.
Donations support the Black Mambas in fighting wildlife crimes and protecting rhinos and other critically endangered animals from poachers.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 7.
Camping with facilities (4 nights),Camping with basic facilities (3 nights),Hotel (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 22.
Black Mambas HQ - Dinner by Lantern Light.
Black Mambas HQ - Campfire Story Time.
Black Mambas HQ - Snare Walk.
Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon Viewpoint.
Panorama Route - Three Rondavels Viewpoint.
Kruger National Park - Full Day 4X4 Game Drive.
Hlane Royal National Park - Guided Walking Safari.
St Lucia Estuary - Safari Boat Cruise.
Cape Vidal - Beach Day Trip.
1 - Johannesburg Sawubona! Welcome Johannesburg, the sprawling South African capital. In Joburg (unlike a lot of city nicknames, this is one people actually use) mansions stand alongside humble tin abodes and there are as many green parks on the outskirts of the city as there is concrete jungle in the centre. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you can't wait to begin exploring and arrive with time to spare, why not make your way to the Apartheid Museum and start your journey with some crucial history before you meet up with your group.
2 - Greater Kruger National Park - Black Mambas HQ Rise and shine for a long day's drive to the outskirts of Kruger National Park where you'll be lucky enough to camp for the evening at the Black Mambas headquarters. The Intrepid Foundation is proudly partnered with Helping Rhinos, who directly support the work of the Black Mambas - the world's first all-female anti-poaching unit. Made up of a team of 36 young African women, the Mambas patrol 20,000 hectares of the Balule Nature Reserve, part of Greater Kruger National Park. Turning a traditionally male-dominated industry on its head, they're putting their female prowess to work protecting Kruger National Park's wildlife in an unconventional way. You'll join them on a bush walk to learn how they find and destroy snares firsthand. Enjoy a special dinner by lantern light and later, relax by the campfire with the Mambas as they share stories about their path to becoming a Black Mamba and conservation work.
3 - Kruger National Park Wave goodbye to the Mambas and take a scenic drive along the famous Panorama Route through some of the most stunning scenery South Africa has to offer, such as Bourke's Luck Potholes. In the evening, choose to relax at your camp, located in Kruger National Park, or perhaps head out on an optional night drive with the park guide. The optional night drives are a chance to spot nocturnal animals and perhaps even a night-time predator or two - maybe catch a lion or hyena out hunting, or perhaps an impala out in search of a late-night feed.
4 - Kruger National Park Rise early and enjoy a light breakfast before heading out on 4x4 jeeps for a full-day game drive. Most of your day will be spent spotting game, birdwatching, and stopping at various waterholes and viewpoints to rest along the way. Kruger National Park is one of the largest National Parks in Southern Africa. It boasts over 500 bird species, 100 species of reptile and 150 mammal species, including the Big Five and the endangered African wild dog. Drive through some of Kruger's prime game viewing areas on your way to camp and try to spot some of these amazing creatures straight away! Set up camp and get settled for the evening.
5 - Hlane Royal National Park Start the day with a slow game drive through Kruger, covering between 20 and 70 kilometres (depending on what animals you see along the way) in the park then exiting by mid-morning. Hit the road towards Hlane Royal National Park. Travel south-east and cross the border into the kingdom of Eswatini, a country nestled between Mozambique, Northern Zululand and Mpumalanga. Arrive at Hlane Royal National Park, a vast expanse of bushveld with ancient hardwood trees, and begin exploring immediately on a guided game walk. The walking safari, led by a local guide, will give you the best understanding of how large and complex the ecosystem in this park is. With a professional ranger by your side, you'll look out for animals like rhino, giraffe, and elephant while also searching for tiny creatures like snakes, spiders, and small mammals (don't worry, there's no lions in the section of the park where you'll be walking). You'll spend tonight at a camp within the national park.
6 - Hlane Royal National Park Today you'll have the opportunity to further explore Hlane Royal National Park at your leisure. You might like to book an optional 4x4 game drive within the park, where you can expect to see all kinds of animals like antelopes, elephants, zebras, rhinos, and lions. Guided by a local Swazi guide, these drives typically take 2-2.5hrs either in the early morning or late afternoon. Another optional activity for today is to visit the Hlane Umphakatsi (Chief Village) - a tour of the authentic living homestead and opportunity to discover the Swazi way of life. You'll learn more about the traditional culture here, get to know the locals and even get a chance to try your hand at day-to-day activities. You'll discover how Umphakatsi is a special village since it is one of the few with a female Chief: Inkhosikati.
7 - St Lucia Estuary Depart Hlane this morning and cross the border to Lake St Lucia, part of the St Lucia Estuary, stopping at a shop for supplies along the way. Declared a World Heritage Site in 1999, St Lucia Estuary is home to thousands of varieties of birds, mammals and reptiles, including hundreds of hippos and crocodiles. On arrival at camp, jump onboard a Hippo Boat Safari which offers a different perspective to traditional Game viewing with the chance to spot creatures cruising down the estuary, or basking on the banks.
8 - St Lucia Estuary We'll take a day trip to Cape Vidal today for some time by the sand in the sun. Cape Vidal lies within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park World Heritage Site and sits on the exquisite Zululand coast - home to a rich array of marine life. This area is visited seasonally by humpback whales during their migrations, as well as loggerhead and leatherback sea turtles that come to the beaches north of Cape Vidal from November to February to nest. You can spend the day relaxing on the beach or speak to your leader about booking some of the optional activities in the area. You'll head back to your camp at Lake St Lucia this afternoon.
9 - Durban Continue to Durban after breakfast today. With no activities or accommodation planned, your adventure comes to an end on arrival today. Durban is South Africa's second most populous city, boasting sandy beaches and a glitzy nightlife - a great place to extend your stay and enjoy some leisure time. Perhaps take the opportunity for a final dinner with your fellow travellers this evening.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans