Best of Argentina & Brazil
From 10/07/2021 to 23/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Fri 16 2021AvailableFrom$3,675*
Jul Sat 31 2021 to Aug Fri 06 2021AvailableFrom$3,675*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Fri 27 2021AvailableFrom$3,675*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$3,675*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Fri 08 2021AvailableFrom$3,820*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Fri 29 2021AvailableFrom$3,820*
Nov Sat 20 2021 to Nov Fri 26 2021AvailableFrom$3,970*
Dec Sat 18 2021 to Dec Fri 24 2021AvailableFrom$3,970*
Jan Sat 01 2022 to Jan Fri 07 2022AvailableFrom$4,170*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Fri 14 2022AvailableFrom$4,170*
Jan Sat 15 2022 to Jan Fri 21 2022AvailableFrom$4,170*
Jan Sat 29 2022 to Feb Fri 04 2022AvailableFrom$4,170*
Feb Sat 12 2022 to Feb Fri 18 2022AvailableFrom$4,010*
Mar Sat 05 2022 to Mar Fri 11 2022AvailableFrom$4,125*
Mar Sat 12 2022 to Mar Fri 18 2022AvailableFrom$4,010*
Mar Sat 26 2022 to Apr Fri 01 2022AvailableFrom$4,010*
Buenos Aires offers an eclectic mix of European, Cosmopolitan and Latin flavours, as well as a booming cultural and nightlife scene.
Explore the neighbourhoods of this lively, confident city on a full-day tour with a local guide.
Look for rainbows in the mist of the mighty Iguazu Falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides, and visit a local indigenous community.
Gaze over the dazzling city, mountains and bay of Rio de Janeiro from the foot of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue.
Favelas may sit alongside mansions, but in the heaving metropolis of Rio, everyone’s invited to the party.
Immerse yourself in Brazilian culture, dance and music.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (6 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Guarani community visit.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls.
Rio de Janeiro - Total Rio Tour Combo 1: Santa Teresa, Corcovado, Christ & Copacabana.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenido! Welcome to Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is the ultimate cosmopolitan city, with Latin passion, European elegance, and its own distinctive style. Your adventure begins with an important welcome meeting at 6 pm. Your leader will leave a note at the hotel reception telling you where this important meeting will take place. If you arrive early, why not visit San Telmo and its weekend antiques market and artists' displays – it's a great chance to acquaint yourself with some portenos (local residents). Alternatively, visit Recoleta (the grand cemetery) or perhaps Casa Rosada (the Pink House).
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Today explore Buenos Aires on a full-day tour with a local guide. Starting in Plaza de Mayo, we will visit the Cabildo, the Colonial Ton Hall, The metropolitan cathedral and the Presidential Palace. Wander the cobbled streets of San Telmo, one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires, then onto La Boca where we will visit the iconic Caminito Street, which gives the neighbourhood its distinctive spirit. We will then continue on to the Barracas neighbourhood, which is a charming area off the well-trodden tourist path. We will stop for lunch at a local NGO that has a market selling produce grown less than 30 minutes away by small producers. You will have the opportunity to learn about the history of this project, and the purpose of this cooperative and enjoy a homemade lunch made with agroecological products here, whilst also being able to participate in the preparation of some food! Lunch consists of empanadas or pizzas + alfajores for desert + nonalcoholic drinks. You will also be invited to try the local mate tea! After our lunch, we will continue towards Retiro and Recoleta, where we will learn about the local wealthy families of Argentina, who sought to build a small‐scale Paris in the heart of Buenos Aires. Then we’ll visit the unique Recoleta Cemetery, a true labyrinth of ornate mausoleums. There, we’ll make a stop at the grave of Eva Peron, one of the country’s most recognizable icons. We will also see the Floralis Generica, a huge metal flower located in Palermo. We’ll see French palaces in Palermo Chico and beautiful parks designed by Carlos Thays. After your day of sightseeing, get ready to be captivated by Argentina’s most famous dance; the Tango. In a private space, a professional Tango couple will explain the dance’s origin and history, as well as demonstrating the intimately fluid movements for you. You will then be invited to join an hour-long beginner’s class to learn some of the basic techniques and understand the rhythm.
Day 3 - Iguazu Falls (Brazilian side) Fly to Puerto Iguazu in the northeast corner of Argentina today. The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border of Argentina and Brazil, and the group will be visiting the falls from both sides. The falls are over 2 km in length and consist of 275 falls in total, some of which stretch up to 80 metres high. This makes them higher than Niagara Falls and wider than Victoria Falls. Head across to Brazil to admire panoramic views of the waterfalls. Take an optional helicopter flight over the top of the falls for a more panoramic view. Tonight, spend the night in a hotel in Foz do Iguazu (Brazil)
Day 4 - Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side) A visit to the Argentinian side of Iguazu today allows you to get up close to the waterfalls via a series of boardwalks. According to Guarani legend, Iguazu Falls was created when the serpent god M’Boy, enraged by the betrayal of a chieftain’s daughter who was promised to him, split the river in half. For a more exhilarating experience, take an optional Zodiac boat ride to the base of the falls. Visit a Guarani community to meet some of the region’s few remaining indigenous people. Return to our hotel on the Brazilian side of the falls.
Day 5 - Rio de Janeiro Take an early morning flight from Foz do Iguacu to Rio. The locals say that 'if God made the world in six days, he devoted the seventh to Rio'. The day is yours to do what you like. For relaxation and people watching, head to the beaches of Copacabana or Ipanema. If the time of year is right, check out a football game or a Carnival rehearsal. As evening approaches, perhaps take the cable car up to Sugarloaf Mountain to watch the sunset before getting sweaty with the locals in the samba clubs of bohemian Lapa.
Day 6 - Rio de Janeiro It's an early start this morning, as we embark on a full-day guided tour of Rio. Starting at Corcovado Mountain for sweeping views over Rio from the base of the Christ the Redeemer statue before the crowds arrive. Discover the eclectic architecture, restaurants, and art galleries of the artistic neighbourhood of Santa Teresa. Then continue on to by the famous Selaron Steps to see artist Jorge Selaron’s gift to the Brazilian people. We finish the day with a walking tour of the Port area. This area, a little more off the beaten track, has been recognized for its cultural and historical importance as it was the main Port for the slave trade in Brazil. We will be joined by a local guide from the Pretos Novos institute, which aims to preserve the cultural heritage found in the Port area. On the walk, learn about the story of how the African slaves arrived in Brazil, the horrific conditions they endured on the journey over, how they were sold, and, eventually, how they resisted and became free. Their story is intrinsically connected with the history of samba and Brazilian culture.
Day 7 - Rio de Janeiro Today your adventure comes to an end. There are no activities planned for the final day so you’re able to depart the accommodation at any time. If you wish to stay on in Rio please advise at the time of booking and we can arrange additional accommodation and Urban Adventure activities for you.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans