Galapagos Family Holiday
From 30/03/2024 to 04/01/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sat 30 2024 to Apr Sat 06 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,110*
Mar Sun 31 2024 to Apr Sun 07 2024AvailableFrom$3,112*
Jun Sun 30 2024 to Jul Sun 07 2024Sold OutFrom$4,305*
Aug Sat 03 2024 to Aug Sat 10 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,305*
Aug Sat 17 2024 to Aug Sat 24 2024AvailableFrom$3,990*
Dec Sun 22 2024 to Dec Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$4,150*
Dec Sun 29 2024 to Jan Sun 05 2025AvailableFrom$4,150*
Swimming beside sea lions is an incredible and surreal experience, and there are few better places to do so than Isla Lobos: home of the world's second largest sea lion colony.
You'll get to know the locals by staying in small hotels on the Galapagos islands, as well as exploring the islands and coves by boat.
Be surrounded by birds like blue-footed boobies and frigates, who land so close, and often have not even the slightest interest you're there!.
Incredible photo opportunities await around every corner – not least of Kicker Rock, the marvellous twin volcanic peaks seen sitting in the ocean from the top of Cerro Tijeratas.
With spare time in Quito and Isla Santa Cruz, you can spend quality time with the family – perhaps with further hiking or visiting the colourful local markets.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotels (7 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Complimentary Arrival Transfer.
Quito - Leader led city tour + the Equator line.
Isla Santa Cruz - Tortuga Bay walk.
Isla Santa Cruz - Purto Ayora Walking Tour.
Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Centre (45 Minutes).
Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands.
Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center Visit (1 hour) - Dry Landing.
Isla San Cristobal - Snorkelling in Las Loberias.
Isla Lobos - Swimming and Snorkelling.
1 - Quito Bienvenidos! Welcome to Ecuador. Sitting at an altitude of 2,850 metres, under the gaze of Volcan Pichincha, Quito is one of the most attractive cities in South America. Your adventure starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm. You can arrive at any time as there are no activities planned until this important meeting. If you have time beforehand, take a walk down the famous Calle La Ronda, Quito's oldest street. La Ronda is a peek into the colonial past of the city. This awesome street offers the city's best in one place. You may even wish to arrive a day or two early and explore further beyond the city, visiting Otavalo, Cotopaxi or the Cloud Forest.
2 - Quito After breakfast, explore the historic centre of Quito on a walking tour. Stroll through Plaza Grande (main square) and by the Archbishop's Palace. From here, walk about 800 metres uphill to reach the Basilica del Voto Nacional. Time permitting, you may wish to spend more time exploring this church and its views from the top towers. Finally, walk to La Ronda Street and pass by La Compania de Jesus (Church of the Society of Jesus) and San Francisco churches From here we travel to the Equator line The famous Mitad del Mundo monument is an impressive 30-metre-tall structure that marks where the equator is located-- or, at least, that's what many people believe. The afternoon is free for you to explore the city more, or simply just relax at the hotel, getting ready for tomorrow's adventure!
3 - Isla Santa Cruz Today you will take the short flight to Isla Santa Cruz, one of the main hubs of the Galapagos. Upon arrival, enjoy a walking tour of Purto Ayora, after which you'll take a walk to Tortuga Bay. The walk to Tortuga Bay beach takes approximately 45 minutes (one way). The rest of the day is free for you to further explore. Perhaps visit the buzzing local fish market, where cheeky pelicans try to get in on the daily catch! You might like to simply stay in Puerto Ayora, soak up the seaside ambience and make some of your own discoveries. The town itself is nice and small, perfect for exploring on foot.
4 - Isla Santa Cruz After breakfast, head off to the Charles Darwin Research Station. This not-for-profit organisation has been operating since 1959. The station's visitor centre is an essential stop for anyone interested in the archipelago's natural and human history. It's great for learning about the local conservation of the unique ecosystems of the Galapagos. It offers the chance for close-up encounters with giant tortoises, and you can see many newborn and young giant turtles too - they're here as part of the breeding program to reintroduce the creatures to their natural habitat. In the afternoon you will venture to the higher part of Santa Cruz to observe giant tortoises roaming around in the wild. These fascinating animals can weigh as much as 400 kilograms and are very popular with kids.
5 - Isla San Cristobal Today, head by boat to your second island, Isla San Cristobal. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel and have time to relax before heading to the Interpretation Center to learn about the history of the islands and the challenges local conservationists face. Then you'll head to the Cerro Tijeratas (Frigatebird Hill) which is located 2 kilometres from the centre, southwest of Isla San Cristobal. It is a bit of a climb to the top, but your reward is an amazing view of the bay. From here you can see the 140-metre-tall Kicker Rock, its twin volcanic slabs looming large in the ocean. Soon after you will travel to La Loberia to enjoy some snorkelling, perhaps spotting sea lions and sea turtles as you paddle around - they love friends swimming nearby!
6 - Isla San Cristobal You second day in Isla San Cristobal begins with a short boat ride to Isla Lobos (approximately 1 hour). This island boasts the second-largest sea lion colony in the world, not to mention the tallest lighthouse on the entire continent. Along the way you can observe the abundant sea life that the Galapagos is renowned for. You might be lucky enough to spot nesting frigate birds and blue-footed boobies. On arrival you might want to head out into the water for some quality swimming and snorkelling time. You could find yourself in the midst of turtles, manta rays and maybe the odd Galapagos shark (don't worry - they're harmless!). Then it's time to head back to base and relax.
7 - Quito You will have a free morning to further explore the unique sights of Isla San Cristobal - maybe some last-minute shopping or a visit to the beach one last time. The best thing is, you decide! Late in the afternoon, take a flight back to Ecuador's capital, Quito.
8 - Quito Welcome back to the mainland! With no activities planned for today, you can depart at any time. Hotel check out is normally at midday. If you would like to spend more time in Quito, good for you! We'll be happy to organise some additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans