Argentina & Brazil Adventure
From 16/07/2022 to 25/12/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 16 2022 to Jul Mon 25 2022AvailableFrom$4,420*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Aug Mon 01 2022AvailableFrom$4,420*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Sep Tue 27 2022AvailableFrom$4,360*
Oct Sat 22 2022 to Oct Mon 31 2022AvailableFrom$4,590*
Nov Sat 05 2022 to Nov Mon 14 2022AvailableFrom$4,590*
Nov Sat 19 2022 to Nov Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$4,590*
Dec Sat 10 2022 to Dec Mon 19 2022AvailableFrom$4,420*
Dec Sat 17 2022 to Dec Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$4,250*
Mar Sat 04 2023 to Mar Mon 13 2023AvailableFrom$4,630*
Mar Sat 18 2023 to Mar Mon 27 2023AvailableFrom$4,815*
Mar Sat 25 2023 to Apr Mon 03 2023AvailableFrom$4,815*
Apr Sat 08 2023 to Apr Mon 17 2023AvailableFrom$4,630*
Apr Sat 22 2023 to May Mon 01 2023AvailableFrom$4,630*
May Sat 20 2023 to May Mon 29 2023AvailableFrom$4,630*
May Sat 27 2023 to Jun Mon 05 2023AvailableFrom$4,630*
Discover Buenos Aires, Argentina's sultry and sensual capital.
Tour its best sights, then explore its many corners at your leisure, from the star-studded Recoleta cemetery to the tucked-away milongas (tango halls).
Explore the lush landscapes of the Ibera Wetlands in search of anacondas, otters, howler monkeys and a vast array of colourful birds.
With included visits to Iguazu Falls from both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides, you'll get the most out of this jaw-dropping natural wonder.
Finish in Rio de Janeiro, where you're free to stroll the sands of Copacabana, soar across town on the Sugarloaf Cable Car or delve into the city's pulsing nightlife.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (9 nights).
Plane,Local bus,Private vehicle.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Buenos Aires - Leader-led orientation walk.
Ibera Wetlands - Day tour.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Guarani community visit.
Rio de Janeiro - Corcovado, Christ the Redeemer & Farmer's Market Urban Adventure.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenido! Welcome to Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is the ultimate cosmopolitan city, with Latin passion, European elegance and its own distinctive style. Your adventure begins with an important welcome meeting at 6pm. Your leader will leave a note at the hotel reception telling you where this important meeting will take place. If you arrive early, why not visit San Telmo and its weekend antiques market and artists' displays – it's a great chance to acquaint yourself with some portenos (local residents). Alternatively, visit Recoleta (the grand cemetery) or perhaps Casa Rosada (the Pink House).
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Enjoy some breakfast, then embark on an orientation walk through this fantastic city. You'll be introduced to some of Buenos Aires' major sights – the likes of the Colon Theatre, the Obelisc and Plaza de Mayo. Along the way, learn a little more about Argentina's independence from Spain.
Day 3 - Ituizangó This mroning catch a short flight to Posadas, followed by a drive to Ituzaingo (approximately 1 hour). Ituizangó will serve as your base to explore the beautiful Ibera Wetlands region in the north of Argentina. Spanning more than 15,000 square kilometres, the Ibera wetlands are roughly the size of Belgium, which gives you an idea of how much there is to explore. The biodiversity in incredible, and the swamps, lakes and lagoons are home to such creatures as otters, alligators, deer, wolves and black howler monkeys, just to name a few. Keep a look out too for those oddly noble-looking creatures, the capybaras. These cousins of guinea pigs are the largest rodents in the world.
Day 4 - Ibera Wetlands/Ituizangó Take part on a full day (approximately 8-10 hour) walking tour and car safari with a guide, tasty lunch and plenty of snacks. You might see any number of obscure species – maybe caiman or swamp deer, perhaps even an armadillo, or a flock of rhea (which are like a South American equivalent of an emu). Anacondas, though particularly hard to spot at certain times of the year, are also known to inhabit these wetlands. Keep an eye to the sky, as you're bound to catch a glimpse of some of the 350 bird species here, from the sharp-tailed tyrant to the gorgeous and garish yellow robin.
Day 5 - Foz do Iguazu Enjoy some breakfast and prepare for a long travel day. From Ituizangó take a comfortable local bus to Puerto Iguazu (approximately 5 hours). As soon as you arrive at Puerto Iguazu bus station, you will take a minivan across the border into Brazil and continue to your hotel in Foz do Iguazu (approximately one hour, depending on traffic at the Argentina–Brazil border).
Day 6 - Foz do Iguacu Here at Iguazu, you'll visit the mighty waterfalls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides. At over 2 kilometres long, Iguazu Falls are actually a series of cataracts. There are over 270 falls in all, and with some reaching up to 80 metres in height, they are wider than Victoria Falls and higher than Niagara. Enjoy the magnificent panoramas on the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. Seeing the falls from this side has its perks, such as a view of San Martin Island which you don't quite get from the Argentinean side. You might like to take a helicopter ride over the falls while you're here. This optional excursion gives you spectacular views of the falls and the lush green parklands that surround it.
Day 7 - Iguazu Falls Today we go to the Argentinean side of the Falls where it’s possible to follow a series of boardwalks to get up close to the thundering waters – so close you can almost touch them. Later, visit a Guarani community for the rare opportunity to meet some of the region’s few remaining indigenous people.
Day 8 - Rio de Janeiro Travel by plane to Rio de Janeiro, the festive heart of Brazil. Settle into your hotel and then set out on an orientation walk with your leader. Rio is a fascinating and diverse city best known for its contrasting images of favelas (shanty towns) and the glitz and glamour of Carnaval. With free time, you can choose from many optional activities. Perhaps head to a football game, take a cable car ride between Praia Vermelha and the Sugarloaf Mountain for incredible views over town. For further options, chat to your leader.
Day 9 - Rio de Janeiro This morning you'll be picked up at your hotel first thing in the morning and head straight to Christ the Redeemer to beat the crowds. Soak up the early morning air and take some photos of this iconic statue before heading to a traditional local Farmer's Market. Your local leader will show you some of the best foods to try as well as providing plenty of interesting facts about the market traditions. Today you'll have a free afternoon, so may wish to return to the hotel with your leader to relax. Otherwise, a visit to Sugarloaf is a great way to spend the rest of the day.
Day 10 - Rio de Janeiro There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 June 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans