Zanzibar to Nairobi
From 02/08/2022 to 30/12/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Tue 02 2022 to Aug Sat 13 2022AvailableFrom$2,538*
Aug Tue 16 2022 to Aug Sat 27 2022AvailableFrom$3,625*
Sep Tue 13 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022AvailableFrom$3,625*
Sep Tue 27 2022 to Oct Sat 08 2022AvailableFrom$3,625*
Oct Tue 18 2022 to Oct Sat 29 2022AvailableFrom$3,311*
Nov Tue 01 2022 to Nov Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$3,485*
Nov Tue 22 2022 to Dec Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$3,485*
Dec Tue 20 2022 to Dec Sat 31 2022AvailableFrom$3,485*
Mar Tue 28 2023 to Apr Sat 08 2023AvailableFrom$3,800*
Jun Tue 13 2023 to Jun Sat 24 2023AvailableFrom$3,800*
Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and opt to embark on a guided tour of the spice plantations.
Explore the Serengeti – a wildlife arena like no other – and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park with your local crew.
Learn to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Mto wa Mbu.
Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 7.
Dinners Included: 8.
Hotel (1 night),Bungalow (2 nights),Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights),Camping (with facilities) (6 nights).
Overland vehicle,4x4 Safari Vehicle,Ferry,Minibus.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 22.
Irente - Lushoto hike.
Irente - Local lunch.
Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive.
Serengeti National Park - 4x4 Game Drive.
Mto wa Mbu - Cooking class, crafts & village walk.
Day 1 - Stone Town Welcome to Zanzibar! Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 2 pm where you'll meet your group leader and fellow travellers. Aside from this important meeting, there are no planned activities for the day and you are free to explore on your own. Filled with pristine white-sand beaches, winding cobblestone alleyways and fragrant bazaars, Zanzibar has had a colourful history – everything from slave traders to Arabian sultans and fruit exporters. The sight of traditional dhows sailing along the coast evokes what the island must have been like in centuries ago. The old part of Zanzibar's main city is known as Stone Town, and the best way to see this is on foot, exploring the markets, shops, mosques, palaces and courtyards. When the sun is setting, why not grab a drink from a bar overlooking the seafront. A seafood curry at a local restaurant is also a great choice. You'll spend the night in Stone Town at a basic inn.
Day 2 - Zanzibar Northern Beaches Once checked out of your Stone Town accommodation, consider booking in to an optional guided tour of the island's spice plantations, learning all about the history of this town's spice trade. You will have the opportunity to smell and taste various spices, such as cinnamon, vanilla and ginger, plus sample some teas made with these spices too. After lunch, head to the Northern Beaches, where white sands and sparkling blue seas await. This is the Indian Ocean at its best.
Day 3 - Zanzibar Northern Beaches Enjoy free time in this beautiful archipelago today. There are many ways you can spend your day – perhaps talk to your leader for any recommendations they might have. Snorkelling in search of exotic fish is an excellent option, or you could take a traditional dhow boat on the water. You might also like to feast on a sumptuous lunch of grilled local seafood, or just relax in a hammock underneath a coconut tree with a good book. It's totally up to you!
Day 4 - Bagamoyo Catch the midday (12 pm) ferry to Dar es Salaam, then hop in the overland vehicle – and meet your driver and cook – for the short drive to your camp in Bagamoyo, located right on the beach.
Day 5 - Usambara Mountains If you wake early, you can make an optional excursion to the historical slave trade markets that once operated in Bagamoyo. After that visiting that sombre but important site (if you choose) it’s time to travel into the remote Usambara Mountains (approximately 7 hours). This unspoilt area of Tanzania attracts very few tourists, making it the perfect place for a Lonely Planet Experience. The forests stretch across the mountains and are ideal for easy hikes and guided walks. You base is the old German colony of Lushoto, where you’ll stay on the grounds of one of the earliest hotels in Africa.
Day 6 - Usambara Mountains Today, explore the beautiful Usambara Mountains and experience this area’s gentle hospitality on a visit to some of its small communities. From your base, hike to the gorgeous Irente viewpoint. It's best to pack some water and snacks in a day pack for this trip. On your way back, visit a local cultural project based at Irente farm and enjoy a picnic lunch.
Day 7 - Arusha Get ready for is a full day of travel as you board your truck once again and venture towards Tanzania’s national parks. Your destination is the sprawling gateway town of Arusha, approximately 10 hours’ drive. Arrive at your campsite on the outskirts of the town and settle in for the evening.
Day 8 - Karatu Take a short drive to the small town of Kisongo,enjoy a walk here. Then continue to drive to the small town of Karatu, the gateway to the Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 9 - Ngorongoro Crater / Serengeti National Park Get up early, put your camping and personal gear into a six-person jeep and head out for an excursion into the Serengeti via the Ngorongoro Crater. Enjoy a safari in the crater, spending between 3–4 hours exploring this perfectly intact volcanic crater. Watch for black rhinos, lions, leopards, elephants, impalas, zebras and hippos. Next, move on to the open plains of the Serengeti. Green after the rains, brown and burnt in the dry season, this is perhaps the quintessential image of Africa – the home of thousands of hoofed animals and fierce predators. Your campsite is within the Serengeti itself, so listen out for the sounds of nocturnal animals as you drift off to sleep.
Day 10 - Serengeti National Park Wake at dawn and embark on a game drive. You will head out while the animals are at their most active, then go back to camp for brunch at around 11 am. After spending the middle of the day relaxing, just like the animals do, head out again as the day begins to cool. You'll return from this second game drive in time for dinner. There's also the option today of a balloon ride over the park (in place of a portion of the morning game drive). If you have pre-booked this activity you will be picked up before dawn and driven to the launch site. After a safety briefing, you will glide through the dawn, sometimes at tree height, which provides amazing photo opportunities. After landing, you'll be treated to a five-star bush breakfast, then be returned to your camp.
Day 11 - Mto wa Mbu Rise with the sun and enjoy another game drive as you exit the Serengeti and head for Mto wa Mbu. On arrival, you will learn how to prepare a Swahili dish and enjoy a crafting session with local women.Learn about the farmer and artisan co-op that operates at the local market. Enjoy your food creations for lunch.
Day 12 - Nairobi Set off early and cross the Kenyan border then continue to Nairobi (approximately 9–10 hours). You'll be dropped at the finishing point hotel in Nairobi where your trip ends on arrival. No accommodation is provided for tonight, but this can be arranged when you book this trip (subject to availability). You can also choose to finish your trip in Arusha this morning if you wish.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans