Land of the Samurai - 12 Days
From 2019-09-07 to 2020-11-21
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 07 2019 to Sep Wed 18 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$7,795*
Sep Sat 21 2019 to Oct Wed 02 2019Sold OutFrom$7,795*
Oct Sat 05 2019 to Oct Wed 16 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$7,795*
Nov Sat 02 2019 to Nov Wed 13 2019AvailableFrom$6,995*
Mar Sat 21 2020 to Apr Wed 01 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
Apr Sat 04 2020 to Apr Wed 15 2020AvailableFrom$7,795*
Apr Sat 11 2020 to Apr Wed 22 2020AvailableFrom$7,795*
Apr Sat 18 2020 to Apr Wed 29 2020AvailableFrom$7,795*
May Sat 09 2020 to May Wed 20 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
May Sat 23 2020 to Jun Wed 03 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
Jun Sat 06 2020 to Jun Wed 17 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
Jun Sat 27 2020 to Jul Wed 08 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
Jul Sat 04 2020 to Jul Wed 15 2020AvailableFrom$6,995*
7 breakfasts and 1 Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi ryokan.
11 nights 3 star accommodation (including 1 night at a traditional ryokan (Japanese Inn).
Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi, Kyoto, Himeji, Hiroshima and Miyajima Island.
Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and observatory.
For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji in the distance.
Ferry to Miyajima Island and cable car to the top of Mt Misen.
Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide.
Arrival transfer - by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport.
Departure transfer (unescorted) - by train or bus from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airports (ITM & KIX).
All transportation - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica swipe Card and Japan Rail Pass).
Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person).
Maximum Group size: 16 persons.
Day 1 - Tokyo Saturday. Arrive into either Narita or Haneda International Airport in Tokyo where you will be met by your guide. Travel by train into the city centre and check into your hotel.
Day 2 - Toyko - Senjoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya Today we explore the capital. First stop is Asakusa which is home to Sensoji, we then head to Harajuku, here we’ll visit the important Meiji Shrine where the emperor Meiji and his wife are enshrined. Visit to Shibuya crossing and remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 3 - Kamakura - Big Buddha Tokyo - Kamakura - Tokyo. Today we travel by train to Kamakura, where we visit the iconic bronze Big Buddha and the Hokokuji Zen Temple which has a picturesque bamboo garden before returning to Tokyo. Tonight, we organise a Shabu Shubu (a traditional Japanese hot pot meal) for those who are interested
Day 4 - Tokyo Edo Museum & Time To Explore Today offers a guided tour of the Tokyo Edo Museum. The remainder of the day offers free time for you further explore the city.
Day 5 - Mt Fuji & Lake Kawaguchi Tokyo - Lake Kawaguchi. Whilst in the area we'll travel on the Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and visit the observatory. Tonight we stay in a traditional Japanese ryokan. At the ryokan, we'll be served a traditional Japanese dinner and you can take a relaxing dip in the natural hot spring baths. Note: As of June 2019 the Hakone Ropeway has been temporarily suspended – please see the Trip Notes for further details.
Day 6 - Kyoto - 1000 statues of Kannon & the Geisha District Lake Kawaguchi – Kyoto. Hike along the foreshores of the lake before taking a bullet train to Kyoto - home to an abundance of UNESCO World Heritage sites, Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines. Here we enjoy a guided tour of Sanjusagen-do and this evening we head to Gion, for a walking tour of this famous Geisha district.
Day 7 - Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time Guided tour of one of the city’s most impressive UNESCO sites, Nijo Castle and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion) Temple and free time.
Day 8 - Himeji Castle & Hiroshima Kyoto - Himeji - Hiroshima. We travel by bullet train to Hiroshima today, stopping en route at Himeji to visit the UNESCO Listed Himeji Castle. From Himeji we take the bullet train to Hiroshima, our base for the next two nights.
Day 9 - Miyajima Island & its red Torii Gate Located off the coast of Hiroshima is Miyajima Island, one of Japan's most picturesque destinations with UNESCO Listed primeval forests. Today we visiting the island and seeing the iconic 'floating' Torii Gate at the revered Itsukushima-jinja Shrine. We soak up the incredible views on a cable car ride and have free time to explore the island.
Note: From June 2019 the floating Torii Gate is undergoing renovations – please see the Trip Notes for further details.
Day 10 - Hiroshima Peace Park, Museum & Memorials Hiroshima - Kyoto. Two atomic bombs were dropped and Hiroshima was the first place to be hit. We visit The Peace Park and museum, a poignant reminder of Hiroshima’s tragic past. We’ll see the iconic Atomic Dome, one of the very few buildings left standing and visit the memorial to the children killed. Afternoon train back to Kyoto.
Day 11 - Free time in Kyoto A free day to spend a leisure in Kyoto.
Day 12 - Kyoto to Osaka Wednesday. Kyoto - Osaka. Your Japan adventure comes to an end today. Take the train from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..