Hanoi to Hoi An - 8 Days
From 2021-09-04 to 2022-12-24
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$1,605*
Sep Wed 15 2021 to Sep Wed 22 2021AvailableFrom$1,605*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Sat 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,705*
Nov Sat 06 2021 to Nov Sat 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,705*
Dec Sat 04 2021 to Dec Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$1,705*
Dec Sat 18 2021 to Dec Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$1,905*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Sat 15 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Feb Sat 05 2022 to Feb Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Feb Sat 19 2022 to Feb Sat 26 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Mar Sat 05 2022 to Mar Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Mar Sat 19 2022 to Mar Sat 26 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Apr Sat 02 2022 to Apr Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Apr Sat 09 2022 to Apr Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Apr Sat 16 2022 to Apr Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
Apr Sat 30 2022 to May Sat 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,705*
May Sat 14 2022 to May Sat 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
May Sat 28 2022 to Jun Sat 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Jun Sat 11 2022 to Jun Sat 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Jun Sat 25 2022 to Jul Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Jul Sat 09 2022 to Jul Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Jul Sat 16 2022 to Jul Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,605*
Breakfast daily, 3 lunches and 1 dinner .
5 nights 4 star and special class hotels and 1 night aboard deluxe junk boat (private en suite cabin).
Halong Bay Junk boat cruise - opt to swim, kayak and explore caves.
1 overnight sleeper train Hanoi to Hue in basic 4 berth cabin (or opt to fly - see Add-ons for details).
Guided sightseeing - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue and Hoi An.
Bicycle ride to Tra Que village and cooking demonstration.
Escorted by an English speaking Vietnamese tour guide.
Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 8.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Hanoi Xin Chao! Welcome to Hanoi, one of the region's most charming cities where French colonial elegance meets Asian spirit with attractive lakes, colourful pagodas and atmospheric streets. On arrival you will be met by our local representative and transferred to our joining hotel where the remainder of the day is at leisure for you to relax or head out and explore.
For those able to arrive very early today or the day prior, why not get off the beaten track and explore Hanoi with us on our optional Back Streets of Hanoi add-on, which explores the quaint districts of Cho Buoi, Hoang Hoa Tham and Vinh Phuc, and also includes an exhilarating local experience - riding pillion, on taxi-motorbikes through a maze of tiny streets and along the shore of beautiful Ho Tay Lake.
Day 2 - Halong Bay Hanoi – Halong Bay. After breakfast this morning we leave Hanoi and transfer to the jewel in Vietnam's scenic crown - the incredibly beautiful Halong Bay. Board a comfortable junk boat to explore the emerald waters of the bay, dotted with green islets, and enjoy lunch with a view onboard.
This afternoon we visit Trinh Nu Cave, one of the finest caves in Halong Bay, covering an area of 2,000m² with a stunning array of stalactites and stalagmites. There's also the opportunity to go kayaking and enjoy a refreshing swim. Later this evening back on board, watch a Vietnamese cooking demonstration held on the sundeck before settling down for a sumptuous seafood dinner.
Day 3 - Caves & Hanoi cyclo ride Halong Bay - Hanoi - Hue. Early birds can enjoy a beautiful sunrise and test their Tai Chi skills on the sundeck or enjoy a traditional massage - the perfect way to start the day. Before heading back to port this morning we explore the beautiful Sung Sot cave (Surprise Grotto), which is 10,000m² and consists of two major chambers. These spectacular chambers are spacious enough to hold thousands of people.
On arrival back into Hanoi mid-afternoon we’ll explore the maze of streets in the French Quarter by cyclo (rickshaw), taking in highlights such as the Opera house and Ly Thai To Park. We then swap our wheels for a leisurely walk through ‘36 streets of the old quarter’, named after the numerous guilds that once set up shop on a particular street, from silk tailors to traditional medicine shops.
Later this evening there's a chance to freshen up before boarding the overnight train (4 berth sleeper cabin, basic standard) on the ‘Reunification Express’ railway line to Hue. An option to fly from Hanoi to Hue is also available.
Day 4 - Hue Arriving into imperial Hue this morning, we enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the 19th-century capital. Visit the iconic Thien Mu Pagoda with its 21-metre-tall tower, and explore the walled fortress of the Imperial Purple Palace, ringed by a moat with elaborate arches and impressive ramparts, some of which lie in ruin.
Later we travel into the countryside to visit the ancient mausoleum of Emperor Tu Duc, one of the wonderfully ornamental Royal Tombs of the Nguyen kings. This evening there is an optional sunset cruise on the Perfume River. Travelling by longboat, it's the perfect way to enjoy the city skyline.
Day 5 - Hoi An Hue - Road of the Ocean Clouds - Hoi An. Bidding farewell to Hue we take a scenic drive along the coast via the Hai Van Pass (Road of the Ocean Clouds) to Hoi An. We stop en route for a stroll along My Khe beach, nicknamed 'China Beach' by the Americans during the war. The beach is famous for being in Francis Ford Coppola’s movie ‘Apocalypse Now’.
We arrive into the charming, old-world trading port of Hoi An later this afternoon. A short walking tour will introduce you to the highlights of this enchanting and historical town with highlights including the Chua Ong Pagoda, Chinese Assembly Hall, 200-year-old Tam Ky house, former merchants’ homes and the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge.
During your stay in Hoi An, we offer a unique optional Hoi An Street Eats add-on, which explores the city’s most popular local haunts. Cruise the city the way the locals do, by vintage Vespa and enjoy lots of tasty Vietnamese Cuisine. Book early with your reservation consultant, as numbers are limited.
Day 6 - Rural Life in Vietnam Today will be spent out in the countryside learning all about the rural way of life in Vietnam. We'll reach Tra Que village by bicycle, a leisurely ride on flat roads that take us through ride paddies and farm land. The option of a taxi is available locally for those not keen on bike riding (payable locally). Once at the village we'll get our hands dirty learning about age-old farming practices and putting our knowledge to use by tending the fields and gardens. Lunch is a home-cooked affair with everyone mucking in. Later this afternoon return back to Hoi An on your bikes.
Day 7 - Hoi An - at leisure Today is completely free for you to enjoy Hoi An as you wish. Lose yourself in the cobbled streets lined with boutique restaurants, hip cafes, delightful craft shops and some of Asia’s best bespoke tailors (whose services come at a nominal price). If you prefer some R&R, lounge by the hotel pool or head to the beach. Alternatively you can opt for an excursion to the UNESCO-listed My Son sanctuary or enjoy a day trip to the popular Ba Na Hills mountain resort, where you will ride the second longest cable car in the world and walk along the striking Golden Bridge (book and pay locally).
Day 8 - Hoi An Saturday. Today marks the end of your time in Vietnam. A departure transfer will be provided to take you to Danang airport in time for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans