Simply Sri Lanka
From 13/11/2021 to 07/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sat 13 2021 to Nov Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,175*
Nov Sat 27 2021 to Dec Sat 04 2021AvailableFrom$1,175*
Dec Sun 26 2021 to Jan Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,175*
Jan Sat 01 2022 to Jan Sat 08 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Jan Sat 15 2022 to Jan Sat 22 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Jan Sat 29 2022 to Feb Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Feb Sat 12 2022 to Feb Sat 19 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Feb Sat 26 2022 to Mar Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Mar Sat 12 2022 to Mar Sat 19 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Mar Sat 26 2022 to Apr Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Apr Sat 02 2022 to Apr Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Apr Sat 16 2022 to Apr Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Apr Sat 23 2022 to Apr Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
May Sat 21 2022 to May Sat 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Jul Sun 03 2022 to Jul Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Jul Sat 09 2022 to Jul Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Jul Sun 31 2022 to Aug Sun 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Aug Sun 07 2022 to Aug Sun 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Aug Sun 14 2022 to Aug Sun 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,230*
Aug Sat 27 2022 to Sep Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Sep Sat 10 2022 to Sep Sat 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,180*
Sep Sat 24 2022 to Oct Sat 01 2022AvailableFrom$1,140*
Check out the awe-inspiring Sigiriya (Lion Rock), a 200-metre-high ancient rock fortress that lies smack-bang in the middle of evergreen jungle.
Wander through the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth in Kandy, which houses one of Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relics – a tooth of the Buddha.
Spend two whole days on the gorgeous beach of Unawatuna, where you can either get active in the surrounding jungle or chill with a cocktail while lying under a palm tree.
This tour has the option of a 4WD safari through a park known for its wild elephant population.
Seeing these big beauties in the flesh is unforgettable.
With Lonely Planet Experiences you get local knowledge, decades of on-the-ground operational experience and the freedom and independence to explore at your own pace.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Hotel (7 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Kandy - Temple of the Tooth with pooja ceremony.
Sigiriya - Lion Rock.
Colombo - Market Visit.
Day 1 - Negombo Ayu-bowan! Welcome to Sri Lanka. Your adventure begins in the town of Negombo, located close to the international airport. You can arrive at any time on Day 1 as there are no activities planned until the important welcome meeting at 5.30 pm. Those arriving early can get into the spirit of seaside Sri Lanka by observing the local fishing craft and perhaps feasting on fresh seafood. The beautiful surrounding countryside is best explored on a bicycle, which you can rent with help from the hotel reception.
Day 2 - Dambulla After breakfast, leave Negombo and drive approximately 4.5 hours to Dambulla, arriving just after midday. In the afternoon you may like to relax at the hotel after check-in, or take an optional visit to a nearby wildlife reserve – a jeep safari excursion that takes you into elephant country. Which park is available to visit depends on the season, but both Minneriya and Kaudulla are within easy reach of Dambulla. Another option is the nearby Dambulla Caves with their magnificently decorated interiors.
Day 3 - Sigiriya - Kandy Early this morning, before the heat is too intense, head to Sigiriya (approximately 30 minutes). This ruined fortress is one of Sri Lanka's premier sights. Those who make it to the top are rewarded with astounding views. Make sure you are wearing sturdy footwear, as this is a very steep climb with some uneven slopes. Those unable to climb to the top can explore the gardens at the base of the rock and still get some fantastic shots of the fortress from below. Return to the hotel for breakfast before heading to Kandy (approximately 3 hours). On the way, there's the option of stopping at one of the region's wonderful spice gardens for lunch. In beautifully located Kandy, visit the Dalada Maligawa (aka Temple of the Tooth), Sri Lanka's most important Buddhist site, and mingle with the white-clad pilgrims who come here to worship.
Day 4 - Kandy Today is a free day to explore Kandy, a pleasant city surrounded by lush countryside. It’s home to a picturesque lake, old shops, a bustling market and some great restaurants. It was once the capital under the last Sri Lankan king, and the area managed to resist European control for hundreds of years, long after the coastal areas surrendered. Perhaps walk through the town to take in the sights of Kandy – explore the citadel, or take a nature walk at Udawattakele Sanctuary, close to Kandy, which offers the chance to see flowers, birds and monkeys in 160 acres of tropical rainforest. There's also the chance to take a day trip to Nuwara Eliya along winding roads lined by green slopes of tea leaves. This old British hill station is the heart of the tea-growing industry and full of colonial charm.
Day 5 - Unawatuna Journey south in a private vehicle to Unawatuna (approximately 6 hours). This fantastic stretch of beach has plenty of local restaurants and bars to relax in. There are no included activities today, so you'll have free time to explore Unawatuna and its surrounds. Perhaps take a walk through the monkey-filled mangrove forest off Galle–Matara road or unwind with an indulgent massage.
Day 6 - Unawatuna Sleep in, relax on the beach, work on your tan or grab a cocktail under the shade of a beachside restaurant. Feel like something a bit more active? Today is a good opportunity to pop into nearby Galle for some sightseeing. The city is a memorable collection of Dutch-colonial buildings with boutique shops and cafes to visit. Walk around the perimeter of the Galle fort and cool off with an icy ginger drink in a cafe, then mosey on back to the beach for some more chillaxing.
Day 7 - Colombo Leave Unawatuna behind and make the journey to Galle, where you'll jump on a train to Colombo (approximately 4 hours). On arrival in Sri Lanka's capital, why not head out on an optional city walk with your leader? If you are lucky enough to be in Colombo on a Saturday, visit Good Market, a local market full of stalls showcasing social enterprises and responsible businesses. Tonight is free but your leader will suggest an optional group dinner.
Day 8 - Colombo This Sri Lankan adventure comes to an end after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans