From 10/04/2024 to 24/12/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Wed 10 2024 to Apr Thu 18 2024AvailableFrom$3,195*
May Wed 08 2024 to May Thu 16 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$3,910*
Jun Wed 12 2024 to Jun Thu 20 2024Sold OutFrom$3,985*
Jun Wed 26 2024 to Jul Thu 04 2024Sold OutFrom$3,985*
Jul Wed 03 2024 to Jul Thu 11 2024Sold OutFrom$3,910*
Jul Wed 17 2024 to Jul Thu 25 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,130*
Jul Wed 31 2024 to Aug Thu 08 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,205*
Aug Wed 07 2024 to Aug Thu 15 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$4,205*
Aug Wed 21 2024 to Aug Thu 29 2024Sold OutFrom$4,205*
Sep Wed 04 2024 to Sep Thu 12 2024AvailableFrom$3,760*
Sep Wed 11 2024 to Sep Thu 19 2024AvailableFrom$3,760*
Sep Wed 25 2024 to Oct Thu 03 2024AvailableFrom$3,730*
Oct Wed 02 2024 to Oct Thu 10 2024AvailableFrom$3,515*
Oct Wed 16 2024 to Oct Thu 24 2024AvailableFrom$3,480*
Nov Wed 13 2024 to Nov Thu 21 2024AvailableFrom$3,480*
Dec Wed 11 2024 to Dec Thu 19 2024AvailableFrom$3,480*
Jan Wed 22 2025 to Jan Thu 30 2025AvailableFrom$3,655*
Visit Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust – supported by The Intrepid Foundation supports – and learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife and the Trust’s role in anti-poaching.
Then, enjoy a unique stay at Elephant Sands Lodge, where you can witness a herd of these magnificent creatures bath and drink in the natural waterhole only metres from your porch.
Glide through the wildlife-filled waterways of the Okavango by mokoro, this traditional dug-out canoe is the best way to experience the delta up-close.
Seek out pods of hippos wallowing in the waters and surround yourself with abundant birdlife on a river cruise through Chobe National Park.
Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands.
Greet elephants as they come to drink from a natural watering hole right outside the lodge.
Experience the rugged beauty of Botswana in comfort as you stay in meru-style permanent tents, lodges and hotels on this Original style trip.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (2 nights),Lodge (4 nights),Basic Lodge (2 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Nata - Elephant Sands Bush Walk.
Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust Visit.
Okavango Delta - Mokoro Safari.
Okavango Delta - Nature walk.
Chobe National Park - River cruise.
1 - Victoria Falls Mhoro! Welcome to Zimbabwe. Your adventure begins today with a welcome meeting at 6 pm, if you arrive early, check out some of the optional activities around Victoria Falls. The Zimbabwe side of the falls offers the broadest view of this colossal natural wonder. Scenic helicopter flights are incredible - if you opt for one, choose Zambezi Helicopter Company (CAA Zimbabwe), the only operator Intrepid endorses. After the welcome meeting, why not get to know your fellow travellers over a group dinner?
2 - Elephant Sands This morning, you'll leave Victoria Falls behind and head to Elephant Sands via the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust - one of the projects The Intrepid Foundation supports. Here you can learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, human-wildlife conflict and the Trust's role in anti-poaching. There may also be a chance to meet any rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care. Then, travel across the Kazungula border into Botswana and make your way to your accommodation for the evening, Elephant Sands. Located in a private concession bordering on the Chobe Forest Reserve, the watering hole at Elephant Sands lodge attracts herds of elephants and other wildlife in season. We'll take a guided bush walk through the unfenced 16000 ha private conservancy, home to a variety of wildlife. This guided tour offers a unique opportunity to learn about the uses of native plants and identify animal tracks. You may even spot some of Africa's lesser-known 'Little Five' species! This evening perhaps soak up the sounds of the wilderness with a glass of wine as your overlook the waterhole, keeping an eye out for the roaming animals.
3 - Maun After breakfast, drive to Maun, a bustling town on the edge of the Okavango Delta. Arriving here in the afternoon, you'll have the opportunity to take in this World Heritage site from above on a scenic flight in a helicopter flight (an optional activity that your trip leader can help you arrange). Tonight's accommodation is in a comfortable hotel situated on the town's outskirts.
4 - Okavango Delta Pan Handle Leaving Maun after breakfast, make your way further to the north-western part of the Okavango Delta, admiring the scenery along the way. Meet your 4WD transfer for the last 12 kms and watch the scenery pass you by. When you arrive, settle into the lodge where you will be spending the next two nights, located on the edge of the Guma Lagoon.
5 - Okavango Delta Pan Handle Today you'll hop into mokoros (traditional dugout canoes) for a water-level exploration of the delta. Paddling through papyrus and reed beds to lily-covered lagoons and islands, be sure to keep on the lookout for elephants, antelope, warthogs and other creatures of the plains. Tuck into a picnic lunch on one of the islands and embark on a short bushwalk, returning to the lodge in the late afternoon in time to watch the sunset over the lagoon.
6 - Caprivi After breakfast, take the 4WD transfer back to the vehicle and make your way to the Namibian border. The drive to tonight's camp, which is on the Caprivi banks of the Okavango River, involves passing through the Mahango Game Reserve - keep your eyes peeled for the surrounding wildlife on the drive.
7 - Chobe National Park Continue the journey along the Caprivi Strip, located in the newly formed Kavango-Zambezi Trans frontier park. After crossing the border back into Botswana you'll arrive at Kasane, a town surrounded by the Chobe National Park. Taking its name from the river which marks the border between Namibia and Botswana, Chobe boasts the largest population of elephants in Africa, plus an abundance of birdlife, pods of wallowing hippos and more. Check out Kasane town, or perhaps take a dip in the lodge pool, sit by the open outdoor fire, or simply watch the setting sun change the colours of the sky above the Chobe River.
8 - Chobe National Park Take the opportunity to wake up early and enjoy an optional dawn game drive in Chobe National Park, where you may see elephants drinking at the waters' edge, large herds of cape buffaloes and many impala within the park. Return to the lodge for a late breakfast and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Later in the afternoon enjoy a sunset cruise on the Chobe River. At the right time of year, the river is frequented by large families of elephants crossing the banks, drinking and playing in the water. It's also ideal for spotting bird life such as saddle-billed storks, malachite kingfishers, fish eagles and beautiful bee-eaters, as well as hippos, and crocodiles. Why not grab a sundowner from the small bar onboard, then sit back and watch the sunset over the river - a perfect way to end the day.
9 - Victoria Falls This morning you have the option to get up before dawn and head out on an optional morning game drive. This time of day is when predators such as leopards and lions are spotted returning from their night's hunting. Return to the lodge for breakfast, then drive across the Zimbabwean border. After completing the border formalities, drive the remaining distance to Victoria Falls. Your adventure ends when you arrive, at approximately 2 pm, and no accommodation is included tonight. Ask your travel specialist about post tour accommodation options if you're considering staying on in Victoria Falls a few extra days. Those staying longer can visit the falls and choose from various activities and excursions, including white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans