Cycle Cuba: West
From 10/01/2022 to 01/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Mon 10 2022 to Jan Sun 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,835*
Jan Mon 24 2022 to Jan Sun 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,835*
Jan Mon 31 2022 to Feb Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,835*
Feb Mon 14 2022 to Feb Sun 20 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Feb Mon 21 2022 to Feb Sun 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Feb Mon 28 2022 to Mar Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Mar Mon 14 2022 to Mar Sun 20 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Mar Mon 28 2022 to Apr Sun 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Apr Mon 11 2022 to Apr Sun 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,770*
Apr Mon 25 2022 to May Sun 01 2022AvailableFrom$1,700*
May Mon 30 2022 to Jun Sun 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,700*
Jul Mon 04 2022 to Jul Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,700*
Aug Mon 15 2022 to Aug Sun 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,700*
Sep Mon 12 2022 to Sep Sun 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,700*
Experience Cuba’s dynamic scenery on two-wheels, from the decaying charm of Old Havana to the dramatic limestone landscapes of Vinales.
Immerse yourself in everyday life as you share the Cuban roads with local traffic: ride alongside tractors, vintage American cars, old Ladas and horse-drawn carriages.
Enjoy a delicious farm-to-plate experience in a hilltop restaurant – the produce is 100% organic and locally grown, oh, and the rum is free!.
Recognised as the world’s finest cigar manufacturer, top-off your Cuban experience at a tobacco plantation and witness a local farmer expertly roll an iconic Cuban ‘habana’.
Stretch your legs along the pristine beaches of Cayo Jutias, enjoy free time to flop and drop on the sands or go for a refreshing dip in the Caribbean.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Guesthouse (6 nts).
Bicycle,Support Vehicle (Bus).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Cycling Outer Havana.
Havana - Leader-led walking tour of Old Havana.
Las Terrazas - Eco-village Visit.
Soroa - Orchid Garden (entrance fee and guide included).
Las Terrazas - Casa de Polo entry.
Vinales - Tobacco farm visit.
Vinales - Beach excursion to Cayo Jutias.
Day 1 - Havana Bienvenido a Cuba! To make your arrival into often chaotic Cuba a bit easier, a complimentary transfer from the airport to your accommodation (guesthouse) is included with your trip. Then, enjoy free time until your welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you arrive early there are a wealth of options for you to enjoy in Havana. For a fascinating insight into the Cuban Revolution check out the Museum of the Revolution, indulge your inner literary fan on an Ernest Hemingway tour, join the locals for a stroll past the fading facades along the iconic oceanside Malecon or hire an open top vintage American car and simply cruise the streets and boulevards of Havana. After the meeting, why not get to know your riding companions over an optional group dinner in one of the city’s many restaurants.
Day 2 - Soroa Take a short drive to Vedado this morning to meet your support crew (approximately 15 minutes) and be fitted to your bike. Take your new wheels for a spin on a 2-hour leisurely ride from Outer Havana back to Old Havana, passing John Lennon Park, the Grand Theatre and the Capitol building along the way before finishing back in Old Havana. Enjoy lunch in a nearby cafe before stretching your legs on a guided walking tour of Old Havana, taking in the four most historic plazas. Finish your walk with a 360-degree panoramic view of Old Havana through the eyes of The Camera Obscurer – the only one of its kind in Latin American and the Caribbean, before heading to Saroa in the support vehicle (approximately 1.5-hours). Known as the 'rainbow of Cuba', Soroa is a flourishing landscape of flora and fauna. As the sun sets, enjoy dinner, then perhaps head to a local guesthouse for cocktails and an introduction to the curious fascination the Cuban’s have with the game of dominos. Be warned, the locals (and your support team) are fiercely competitive and have spent countless hours honing their domino skills!
Day 3 - Soroa/Las Terrazas This morning, enjoy a guided tour of the spectacular Soroa Orchid Garden, located just a short drive away. Set among seven acres, this serene oasis of flora features 250 plant varieties native to Cuba as well as numerous species of birds. Afterwards, cycle west (on well-paved roads), sharing the streets with local traffic: tractors, vintage American cars, old Ladas and horse-drawn carriages, until you reach a picturesque hillside lake. Take a break for a quick drink before stopping by the San Juan River for lunch and a refreshing swim. Continue by vehicle on to the small but renowned lakeside eco-village of Comunidad Las Terrazas, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve set in beautiful green surrounds and home to a lively art community. Grab a coffee near the main square then visit the former home of the celebrated Cuban musician Polo Montanes, and current studio of the famous modern artist, Lester Campa. Return to Soroa (approximately 30 minutes) and spend the evening relaxing, playing pool, or perhaps take the opportunity to improve on your domino skills.
Day 4 - Viñales Drive to the hilly Cueva de los Portales, where the legendary Che Guevara stayed and trained the Western Army of the Cuban Revolution (approximately 1.5 hours). From here, cycle on to the UNESCO-listed town of Vinales. Set among low-lying mountains, this beautifully remote area is reminiscent of the limestone karst scenery of Vietnam and is the perfect place to ride with very little traffic on the roads. Push your pedals a short distance uphill and be rewarded with spectacular views before continuing on to meet the delightful Mama Luisa, a seasoned farmer who’ll provide you with a delicious local meal (and a hug!). Afterwards, ride to a tobacco farm where you’ll meet another farmer who’ll show you how tobacco is dried and then rolled into cigars – here you have the chance to purchase this Cuban speciality directly from the maker. Jump back into the support vehicle and return to Vinales in time for a delicious farm-to-plate experience at a hillside restaurant. The food here is 100% organic and grown locally, and although drinks aren’t included, you only pay for the mixers as the rum is free, classic Cuba!
Day 5 - Vinales / Cayo Jutias After breakfast, drive to the Diego Rivera-inspired Mural de la Prehistoria (approximately 10 minutes). Painted on a cliff at the foot of the Sierra de Vinales, the huge eye-catching mural took 18 people four years to finish. From here, leave the towering limestone karsts behind as you cycle to the sublime Cayo Jutias, traversing smaller roads through dry and flat farmland, with barely a vehicle to be seen, until you reach the surreal white beaches and pale blue waters of Cayo Jutias. After your ride, stretch out on the shoreline and enjoy a packed lunch and fresh juice. Then enjoy free time to relax – swim in the warm waters or perhaps walk to the neighbouring beach where the locals often park their beautiful old cars on the sands. After some time to soak up the atmosphere, take the support vehicle back to Vinales (approximately 2 hours). The rest of the evening is at leisure – why not try one of the many live music venues or salsa the night away. Note: In late 2019 the road to Cayo Jutias was closed for repairs with no formal timeframe on it's reopening. Until it reopens we will visit a different beach nearby.
Day 6 - Havana After breakfast, drive to the nearby lookout point for a view of the Vinales Valley before descending to the flat plains where you’ll begin your final ride – cycling through rural landscapes, passing many small towns and communities along some of the smoothest tarmac in Cuba, before finishing on top of a small hill. Celebrations are in order as you enjoy one last delicious meal before re-boarding your transport for the short drive (approximately 2 hours) back to Havana. On arrival in Havana, bid farewell to your bikes and your support team before checking into your guesthouse. Make the most of a free afternoon to reacquaint yourself with Cuba's charming capital, perhaps visit the Jose Marti Memorial Tower or your guide can help organise a final group meal in one of the many paladars in Old Havana.
Day 7 - Havana Your Cycle Cuba adventure comes to an end this morning. There are no more activities planned and you're free to depart after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans