Bali Family Holiday with Teenagers
From 26/06/2021 to 07/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 26 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021AvailableFrom$1,940*
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Sat 21 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,955*
Dec Tue 28 2021 to Jan Tue 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,795*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Sat 15 2022AvailableFrom$1,885*
Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those families who love to get their pulse going.
Discover a bird's eye view of nature from a flying fox in Ubud.
Take an exhilarating white water raft on the Ayung River, taking in beautiful backdrops of rainforests, gorges and rice paddies along the way.
Snorkel in the clear blue waters off the shore of a small village.
Round out a big adventure with a visit to Seminyak, a superb hub for shopping and upmarket relaxation by the beach.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotels (7 nights).
Private mini van.
Age: min 10.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Ubud - Tree Tops Adventure Park.
Ubud - Pura Danau Bratan.
Ubud - Whitewater rafting.
Candidasa - Cycling Tour.
Amed - Tirta Gangga Walk & Palace Tour.
Amed - Snorkelling excursion.
Day 1 - Ubud Om Swastiastu! Welcome to Ubud, the arts and cultural centre of Bali, recently made famous by the Hollywood movie ‘Eat Pray Love’. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time for the welcome meeting, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Afterwards, perhaps head out for an optional dinner with the other families. If you’ve arrived early, Ubud is a wonderful place to experience the magic that has made Bali such a popular travel destination. Perhaps explore the Blanco Renaissance Museum, the Puri Lukisan Museum, the numerous Hindu temples or the Puri Saren Agung in depth.
Day 2 - Ubud This morning’s adventure take you out of town and up amongst the branches of the lush forest at the Bali Treetops Adventure Park. Set in the trees of the island’s largest botanical gardens, you’ll wear a harness and be suspended in the treetops attached to a cable as you get to cross over suspended bridge pathways to travel from tree to tree and along zip lines. Up amongst the branches, entertain yourself with a variety of spider nets, tarzan jumps, flying foxes, flying swings and many more fun challenges – remember that there’s varying levels of difficulty to these courses so anyone from children to adults can enjoy themselves. A good head for heights is needed to do this activity! Afterwards, take a quick visit to Pura Danau Bratan, a temple ground that passively sits by a calm lake. Keep the camera handy as the site creates moody scenery depending on the weather. You might be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of light breaking through the mountains behind the site, witness mist rolling over the nearby jungles or even just catch the perfect mirror-like water on a windless day. In the afternoon we head to Bali's second largest lake - Lake Bratan. Ulun Danu Temple is located on the edge of Lake Bratan and is said to date back to 17th century. It is the temple of worship to the goddess Danu. Your leader will give you a tour of the temple with plenty of time to take photos. Arriving back in Ubud you have free time to relax. Driving times: Ubud to Bali Treetop Adventure Park – 1 hour and 30 minutes Bali Treetop to Ulun Danu Bratan temple – 15 minutes Ulun Danu Bratan temple to Ubud accommodation – 1 hour and 30 minutes
Day 3 - Candidasa Take a short trip out of Ubud for an exhilarating white water rafting adventure as you rapidly drift down past an 11 kilometre (7 mile) stretch of river. Navigate on a 2 hour trip through class II and III rapids while taking in a backdrop of pristine rainforest, shadowy gorges and serene rice paddies. Once the trip comes to an end, warm yourself back up with a shower before continuing onwards to Candi Dasa later in the afternoon. Spend some free time wandering around the town. Perhaps relax by the attractive lagoon, take a swim in the inviting waters or take advantage of the excellent snorkelling conditions. Driving times: Ubud accommodation to Whitewater Rafting - 30 minutes Whitewater Rafting to Candidasa accommodation –1 hour and 40 minutes
Day 4 - Candidasa The next leg of the adventure takes you off your feet and onto a bike for a fantastic ride through the Balinese rural countryside. Travel past pleasant, picture-perfect farmland full of rice paddies and plantations of peanuts, potatoes, fruits and flowers on a trail spanning for approximately 27 kilometres (17 miles) ¬most of the route is downhill however there are some steep stretches near the end of the ride uphill, there are narrow paths and some traffic along the way but we try to use quiet roads where possible. Our cycling ends at White Sand Beach, a cosy little inlet with a clear view of the ocean. Take a splash in the ocean and clean yourself off after a big ride, then snack on lunch before heading back to Candi Dasa for an afternoon of exploration. A support vehicle will travel with the group during the bike ride for those who wish to have a break. Helmets are provided though if you prefer please bring one from home. Estimated riding time: 2-3 hours. Driving times: Candidasa accommodation to cycling starting point – 1 hour White Sand Beach to Candidasa accommodation – 40 minutes
Day 5 - Amed Leaving Candi Dasa behind we head to the rice field to start our Rice Terrace trekking. Walk through countryside and rice fields behind the Tirtagangga Water Palace and the village for around 2 hours. Your guide will explain to you the importance of water for Balinese people whose livelihoods are in agriculture. The walk is along uneven tracks and irrigation channels with some up and downhill walking. Tirta Gangga water palace is a maze of pools and fountains surrounded by a lush garden and stone carvings and statues. The gardens were designed and constructed in 1948 by Anak Agung Anglurah Ketut Karangasem (1887 – 1966), who was the last Raja (King) of Karangasem. The centrepiece of the palace is an eleven tiered fountain. In the afternoon we hit the road and continue on through lush countryside to Amed, a long coastal strip of fishing villages in East Bali that clasp themselves along a series of stone-speckled beaches. With the palm tree coated hills in the background and the inviting water slowly lapping the beach in front, you might want to take advantage of the excellent snorkelling conditions while you’re here. That said, the lazy pace and stunning scenery might also make for excellent sunbaking conditions – feel free to sit back and relax for the rest of the day if you want. Driving times: Candidasa accommodation to Tirta Gangga – 1 hour Tirta Gangga to Amed accommodation – 1 hour
Day 6 - Amed After breakfast we take to the water. We meet our snorkeling guide who will take the group to 2 stops along the coast - location will be dependent on the tides and the group’s snorkeling and swimming ability / experience. Stops could include: Jemeluk coral bay, Japanese Ship wreck or USA liberty ship wreck in Tulamben. Back in Amed you will have free time to take a relaxing stroll along the shore or even do some yoga. Driving times: Amed accommodation to Tulamben snorkelling point (US Liberty shipwreck) – 1 hour Tulamben to Amed accommodation – 1 hour
Day 7 - Seminyak After departing from Amed, take a 4-hour drive towards Seminyak, the trip’s final destination. Seminyak is an upmarket, laid back beach town with open beaches, curious buildings, and more spas, massages and treatments than you can poke a stick at. Check in to your hotel on arrival, then you’ve got a bit of time to explore the town. Consider hanging out by the pool or doing a spot of shopping before heading out for a final included dinner with the other families. Driving time: Amed accommodation to Seminyak accommodation – 4 hours
Day 8 - Seminyak Today marks the last day of your trip and there are no further activities scheduled. If you'd like, consider booking further accommodation to make the most of Seminyak's balmy beach life or why not try your hand at surfing and attend a Rip Curl Surfing lesson! Speak to your leader for more details.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans