Essential Southern Thailand
From 15/11/2020 to 03/01/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sun 15 2020 to Nov Mon 23 2020AvailableFrom$1,225*
Nov Sun 29 2020 to Dec Mon 07 2020AvailableFrom$1,225*
Dec Sun 20 2020 to Dec Mon 28 2020AvailableFrom$1,270*
Jan Sun 10 2021 to Jan Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,365*
Feb Sun 07 2021 to Feb Mon 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,228*
Mar Sun 07 2021 to Mar Mon 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,152*
Mar Sun 21 2021 to Mar Mon 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,152*
Apr Sun 04 2021 to Apr Mon 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,152*
Apr Sun 11 2021 to Apr Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$1,152*
May Sun 02 2021 to May Mon 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,107*
May Sun 16 2021 to May Mon 24 2021AvailableFrom$1,107*
Obsessed with the Tom Yam Goong at your local Thai joint? Imagine how much better it would be in Thailand, on a beach, with a cocktail, at sunset.
Get your first super spicy taste of Thailand and see the sights in big, bold, bustling Bangkok.
Koh Samui is a slice of paradise.
Cruise the island, go chasing waterfalls and feel peachy on the beach before carving up the dance floor in one of Koh Samui's famous bars.
Kick back for a few days in Ao Nang.
Plenty of free time to fry up some noodles in a Thai cooking class, cook yourself in the hot springs or paddle to a hidden lagoon on Koh Hong island.
Khao Sok National Park is like stepping into another world – an essential experience in Thailand, nature-lover or not.
Need more reasons? Here are 7 more why we love it: https://www.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Guesthouse (3 nights),Hotel (1 nights),Overnight sleeper train (1 night),Resort (2 nights) Rafthouse (1 night).
Boat,Ferry,Public bus,Private vehicle,Overnight sleeper train,Songthaew,Tuk-tuk.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Bangkok - Wat Pho.
Ko Samui - half day guided tour.
Ao Nang - Transport to Railay Beach (round trip).
Day 1 - Bangkok Welcome to Bangkok! There will be an important welcome meeting at around 6 pm tonight. Bangkok is a huge, buzzing metropolis, and we recommend you arrive a day or two earlier to see all this city has to offer. If you arrive early, make the most of the city's bustling markets, grab some spicy noodles from a street cart or relax with a Thai massage. After your important meeting, get the gang together and grab yourself some food! You’ll be staying nearby Chinatown, so you’re in prime position to eat well tonight.
Day 2 - Bangkok - Overnight Train Today, explore some of Bangkok's most famous sights. Take an included visit with your group to the temple complex of Wat Pho, which houses the famous 46-metre-long statue of the Reclining Buddha – he sure looks comfortable. And how will you get there? Take the MRT subway train from nearby Wat Mangkorn station to Sanam Chai station - within east walking distance of Wat Pho and elegantly decorated in the style of a royal state room. Afterwards, the afternoon is free for you to discover more of the city, like the Grand Palace or Jim Thompson House (or just more food, up to you). In the evening, be ready to head south on an overnight train to Surat Thani.
Day 3 - Ko Samui Arrive into Surat Thani this morning, continuing on an approximately 4-hour journey by public bus and ferry to Ko Samui. The island of Ko Samui has been a tourist hotspot for decades, and with good reason. You can swim, snorkel or relax in the waterfalls at Na Muang. Take a trip with the group around the island, visiting the 15-metre-tall Big Buddha (Wat Phra Yai). In the evening, perhaps feast on a delicious curry with the group and then join in the party atmosphere that is Koh Samui's famous nightlife.
Day 4 - Ko Samui Spend a free day today however you’d like – swimming, lazing in the sun or more exploring. You may like to take an optional day tour to Ang Thong Marine National Park by either slow boat or speedboat. The park is an archipelago of over 40 islands in the Gulf of Thailand, featuring pristine beaches, jungle, mangroves and limestone mountains rising out of the sea. Take a swim at popular Ko Mae island and check out the saltwater lagoon of Thale Nai (Emerald Lake). For a quieter experience and some great snorkelling opportunities, head to the nearby islands of Ko Tao and Ko Nang Yuan. Ko Samui is also home to an elephant sanctuary, and you are able to come close to these gentle giants if you please. Watch them bathe, roam the fields and socialise with other elephants, all knowing that they are in a caring and peaceful environment.
Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park This morning, head from Ko Samui to Khao Sok National Park. Take a songtaew and catch an early ferry from Samui Pier for a 1.5-hour journey to reach Don Sak Pier. Then, jump in a private vehicle to Chiew Larn Lake (approximately 2 hours), and take a traditional longtail boat for a calm 1-hour journey to reach your rafthouse. Khao Sok National Park is the wettest spot in Thailand with some of the oldest jungle in the world. See loads of amazing limestone rock faces and, if you're lucky, monkeys playing here and there. Once you’ve enjoyed lunch, take a jungle hike around the park, and depending on the season, you’ll see cascading waterfalls or head up high to a panoramic viewpoint. Later on, take an evening safari with your group, where you’ll head by longtail boat deep in the jungle, keeping an eye and ear out for animals. This is when they are most active. Afterwards, enjoy a traditional southern Thai meal at the rafthouse with your group.
Day 6 - Khao Sok National Park - Ao Nang Beach Lucky you with a morning in the oldest evergreen rainforest in the world. Your awesome jungle rafthouse sits right inside the park, so you’ll have time this morning to catch the mist drifting along the lake as you search for wildlife in the jungle on a longail boat. This place is paradise, especially if you love nature – if you're super lucky there might be a glimpse of elephants, exotic Hornbills and water-loving Langur Monkeys deep inside the park. You’ll have some free time before an included lunch, before leaving the rafthouse and heading back to the pier on another longtail boat. Then, take a private vehicle to Ao Nang, on the Andaman Sea. Get ready, ‘cause you’ve arrived in a seaside paradise.
Day 7 - Ao Nang Beach Ao Nang beach is on the southern Thai coast and is bursting with white sandy beach and laidback vibes. One of the most popular places to go chill out is nearby Railay Beach, but this is an interesting one to get to. Even though it’s connected on the coast, the massive limestone karsts that surround the bay make it virtually impossible to access via land. That being said, take a longtail boat journey for a matter of minutes, and you’ll be washed up on the pristine shores. There’ll be some time to swim and relax on the sand. This place is thai-riffic, if you ask us.
Day 8 - Ao Nang Beach Today is as clear as the emerald waters surrounding Ao Nang. Enjoy a free day to relax on the beach or participate in a variety of optional activities. Perhaps unwind with a massage or cook up something delicious in a Thai cooking class. Take a tour out to some of Krabi's naturally formed crystal pools and hot springs, swimming in the clear waters of the Emerald Lagoon while fish nibble at your toes. You might like to take a trip out to the quiet, pristine island of Ko Hong, where you can snorkel in the shallow reefs and kayak past cliffs to a hidden salt-water lagoon. The best thing is you can choose to do whatever you please, so soak it all up!
Day 9 - Ao Nang Beach With no activities planned for today, you are free to depart the accommodation at any time. But that doesn’t mean that your Thailand adventure has to come to an end! Pull up a towel on Ao Nang beach, catch some rays and relax into the day. You deserve it.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..