Essential Southern Thailand
From 08/09/2019 to 04/01/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sun 08 2019 to Sep Tue 17 2019AvailableFrom$960*
Sep Sun 22 2019 to Oct Tue 01 2019AvailableFrom$1,095*
Oct Sun 06 2019 to Oct Tue 15 2019AvailableFrom$1,078*
Nov Sun 10 2019 to Nov Tue 19 2019AvailableFrom$1,135*
Nov Sun 24 2019 to Dec Tue 03 2019AvailableFrom$1,185*
Dec Sun 01 2019 to Dec Tue 10 2019AvailableFrom$1,185*
Dec Sun 29 2019 to Jan Tue 07 2020AvailableFrom$1,205*
Jan Sun 05 2020 to Jan Mon 13 2020AvailableFrom$1,175*
Jan Sun 12 2020 to Jan Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$1,175*
Jan Sun 19 2020 to Jan Mon 27 2020AvailableFrom$1,175*
Feb Sun 09 2020 to Feb Mon 17 2020AvailableFrom$1,175*
Feb Sun 23 2020 to Mar Mon 02 2020AvailableFrom$1,135*
Mar Sun 08 2020 to Mar Mon 16 2020AvailableFrom$1,135*
Mar Sun 22 2020 to Mar Mon 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,135*
Apr Sun 05 2020 to Apr Mon 13 2020AvailableFrom$1,135*
Apr Sun 12 2020 to Apr Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$1,090*
May Sun 03 2020 to May Mon 11 2020AvailableFrom$1,090*
May Sun 17 2020 to May Mon 25 2020AvailableFrom$1,090*
May Sun 31 2020 to Jun Mon 08 2020AvailableFrom$1,090*
Jun Sun 14 2020 to Jun Mon 22 2020AvailableFrom$1,090*
Jul Sun 05 2020 to Jul Mon 13 2020AvailableFrom$981*
Obsessed with the Tom Yam Goong at your local Thai joint? Imagine how much better it would be in Thailand, on a beach, with a cocktail, at sunset.
Get your first super spicy taste of Thailand and see the sights in big, bold, bustling Bangkok.
Koh Samui is a slice of paradise.
Cruise the island, go chasing waterfalls and feel peachy on the beach before carving up the dance floor in one of Koh Samui's famous bars.
Kick back for a few days in Ao Nang.
Plenty of free time to fry up some noodles in a Thai cooking class, cook yourself in the hot springs or paddle to a hidden lagoon on Koh Hong island.
More fun in kayaks, coves and canyons is to be had in the mangrove forests of Ao Thalane.
Don't let the local troublemakers (macaque monkeys) steal your camera.
Need more reasons? Here are 7 more why we love it: https://www.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Guesthouse (5 nights),Hotel (1 nights),Overnight sleeper train (1 night),Resort (2 nights).
Boat,Ferry,Public bus,Private vehicle,Overnight sleeper train,Songthaew,Tuk-tuk.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Bangkok - Grand Palace.
Ko Samui - half day guided tour.
Ao Nang - Sea kayaking.
Day 1 - Bangkok Welcome to Bangkok! There will be a pre-departure meeting at around 6 pm tonight. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. If you're going to be late, please inform hotel reception. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Bangkok is a huge, buzzing city. If you arrive early, make the most of the city's bustling markets, grab some spicy noodles from a street cart or relax with a Thai massage.
Day 2 - Bangkok / overnight train Today explore some of Bangkok's most famous sights, including the Grand Palace and the adjoining Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew). Please see important information in the 'Packing' section of the trip notes regarding strict dress code for the Grand Palace visit. There's nothing worse than being turned away from an attraction while all your buddies get to go ahead! Make an optional visit to the temple complex of Wat Pho, which houses the famous 46-metre-long statue of the Reclining Buddha. Enjoy a free afternoon to discover more of the city in your own time. This evening, head south to Surat Thani on a 13-hour overnight train.
Day 3 - Ko Samui Arrive into Surat Thani this morning, continuing by public bus and ferry to Koh Samui (approximately four hours). The island of Koh Samui has been a tourist hotspot for decades, and with good reason. Swim, snorkel or relax in the waterfalls at Na Muang. Take a trip with the group around the island, visiting the 15-metre-tall Big Buddha (Wat Phra Yai). In the evening, perhaps feast on a delicious curry with the group and then join in the carnival that is Koh Samui's famous nightlife.
Day 4 - Ko Samui Spend a free day today swimming, lazing in the sun or exploring Koh Samui. You may like to take an optional day tour to Ang Thong Marine National Park by either slow boat or speedboat. The park is an archipelago of over 40 islands in the Gulf of Thailand, featuring pristine beaches, jungle, mangroves and limestone mountains rising out of the sea. Take a swim at popular Koh Mae island and check out the saltwater lagoon of Thale Nai (Emerald Lake). For a quieter experience and some great snorkelling opportunities, head to the nearby islands of Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan.If you prefer to stay on land perhaps check out the Samui Elephant Sanctuary and observe these gentle giants as they roam, socialise, bathe and enjoy a peaceful life that they so deserve.
Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park Today travel to Khao Sok National Park by songtaew, ferry and mini van. The journey will take a total of about five hours. The park is the wettest spot in Thailand with some of the oldest jungle in the world. See loads of amazing limestone rock faces and, if you're lucky, monkeys playing here and there. Stroll along trails past waterfalls and spend the night in a guesthouse in the jungle.
Day 6 - Khao Sok National Park Lucky you with all this time in the oldest evergreen rainforest in the world. Your awesome jungle guesthouse sits right outside the entrance to the park, so it's pretty easy to take a hike along any of the numerous dirt trails that snake their way through the park. This place is paradise, especially if you love nature – if you're super lucky there might be a glimpse of elephants, exotic Hornbills, water-loving Langur Monkeys and even the occasional tiger deep inside the park. Head for river and waterfalls and give yourself a cooling dip.
Day 7 - Ao Nang Beach Depart by public bus from Khao Sok to the beach town of Ao Nang (approximately three hours). On arrival, settle into your hotel and hit the local beach. Swim or snorkel in the clear water, relax on the sand with a book and sip a cocktail as the sun goes down. You have plenty of free time to do as you please.
Day 8 - Ao Nang Beach This morning head out on a half-day sea kayaking trip to Ao Thalane. Transfer from your hotel in Ao Nang to Thalane Bay in a van, passing through rural villages on the way. Paddle through mangrove forests, coves and narrow karst-walled canyons, keeping an eye out for kingfishers, herons and crab-eating macaque monkeys. Be careful with your belongings, as the cheeky monkeys can steal them. After some time on the water, return to the pier and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant with a great view over the area. After lunch, transfer back to your hotel in Ao Nang. Enjoy free time for the rest of the afternoon.
Day 9 - Ao Nang Beach Enjoy a free day to relax on the beach or participate in a variety of optional activities. Perhaps unwind with a massage or cook up something delicious in a Thai cooking class. Take a tour out to some of Krabi's naturally-formed crystal pools and hot springs, swimming in the clear waters of the Emerald Lagoon while fish nibble at your toes. You might like to take a trip out to the quiet, pristine island of Koh Hong, where you can snorkel in the shallow reefs and kayak past cliffs to a hidden salt-water lagoon.
Day 10 - Ao Nang Beach Today your Thai adventure comes to an end. There are no activities planned and you are free to depart at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..