Essential Southern Thailand
From 17/03/2024 to 12/01/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sun 17 2024 to Mar Sun 24 2024Sold OutFrom$1,025*
Apr Sun 21 2024 to Apr Sun 28 2024Sold OutFrom$940*
Jun Sun 30 2024 to Jul Sun 07 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$940*
Jul Sun 07 2024 to Jul Sun 14 2024AvailableFrom$865*
Jul Sun 21 2024 to Jul Sun 28 2024AvailableFrom$880*
Aug Sun 18 2024 to Aug Sun 25 2024AvailableFrom$822*
Sep Sun 22 2024 to Sep Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$865*
Oct Sun 20 2024 to Oct Sun 27 2024AvailableFrom$900*
Nov Sun 10 2024 to Nov Sun 17 2024AvailableFrom$990*
Nov Sun 24 2024 to Dec Sun 01 2024AvailableFrom$1,035*
Dec Sun 22 2024 to Dec Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$1,025*
Jan Sun 05 2025 to Jan Sun 12 2025AvailableFrom$965*
Discover a real slice of paradise in Ko Samui.
Cruise the island, go chasing waterfalls and relax on the beach before heading out to one of Ko Samui's famous beach bars.
Step into another world in Khao Sok National Park – an essential experience in Thailand, nature-lover or not (but how could you not be?).
You’ll go wildlife spotting and waterfall hiking through some of the oldest jungles in the world.
Eat your weight in pad Thai, mango sticky rice, roti bread, street snacks and homecooked dinners (at your raft house stay) then wash it all down with a cocktail or two – yum!.
Explore vibrant nightlife, beach bars and beach clubs in Bangkok, Ko Samui and Phuket with new like-minded friends and a local leader who knows all the best spots.
Visit the Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation in Phuket and learn how they work with local organisations and educational facilities to rescue leatherneck turtle eggs (and other local turtle species) and provide the community with environmental training.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation.
Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights),Overnight sleeper train (1 night),Resort (2 nights) Rafthouse (1 night).
Boat,Ferry,Public bus,Private vehicle,Overnight sleeper train,Songthaew.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Bangkok - Wat Pho.
Ko Samui - half day guided tour.
Khao Sok National Park – Longtail Boat Wildlife Safari.
Khao Sok National Park - Rafthouse Stay.
Khao Sok National Park – Waterfall Hike.
Khao Lak - Tsunami Memorial.
Phuket - Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation.
1 - Bangkok Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Thailand. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight in Bangkok - a huge, buzzing metropolis and the capital of Thailand. If you arrive early, make the most of the city's bustling markets, grab some spicy noodles from a street cart or relax with a Thai massage. After your meeting, get the gang together and head out for dinner with the group to get to know each other a little better or ask your leader for the best spots to soak in some local nightlife - cocktail, anyone?
2 - Bangkok - Overnight Train Today, you'll explore some of Bangkok's most famous sights. Take the skytrain to Taksin station, then hop on a public boat on the Chao Phraya River to see the temple complex of Wat Pho, which houses the famous 46-m-long statue of the Reclining Buddha. Soak in the gorgeous scenery and then head back to Tha Tien Pier. The rest of the afternoon is free for you to discover more of the city, like the Grand Palace or Jim Thompson House. Tonight, you'll head south on an overnight train to Surat Thani.
3 - Ko Samui Arrive in southern Surat Thani this morning and then board a bus and ferry to Ko Samui. From here, it's waterfalls, swimming, sunbathing and snorkelling all day, every day (for the next two days). When you arrive, you'll go on a half-day guided tour of the island on a songthaew (traditional Thai bus) with your group and local leader and see the iconic 15-m Big Buddha along the way (Wat Phra Yai). Due to the gorgeous scenery and natural wonders, the island of Ko Samui has been a tourist hotspot for decades. This afternoon, maybe relax in the waterfalls at Na Muang. Tonight, feast on a delicious curry and then join in the party atmosphere in Ko Samui's famous nightlife.
4 - Ko Samui Spend a free day today however you'd like - swimming, lazing in the sun or actively exploring. You may like to take an optional day tour to Ang Thong Marine National Park by either slow boat or speedboat. The park is an archipelago of over 40 islands in the Gulf of Thailand, featuring pristine beaches, jungle, mangroves and limestone mountains rising out of the sea. Swim at popular Ko Mae Island and check out the saltwater lagoon of Thale Nai (Emerald Lake). For a quieter experience and some great snorkelling opportunities, head to the nearby islands of Ko Tao and Ko Nang Yuan. Ko Samui is also home to an elephant sanctuary, and you can come close to these gentle giants if you please. Watch them bathe, roam the fields and socialise with other elephants, knowing they are in a caring and peaceful environment.
5 - Khao Sok National Park This morning, head from Ko Samui to Khao Sok National Park (don't forget your camera today, this place is gorgeous!). Take a songthaew and an early ferry from Samui Pier to Don Sak Pier. Then, jump in a private vehicle to Chiew Larn Lake, where you'll hop in a traditional longtail boat for a calm sail to your raft house. Keep your eyes out for wild bull elephants, gibbons and spectacled langur (dusky leaf monkeys). Khao Sok National Park is the wettest spot in Thailand with some of the oldest jungles in the world. See loads of amazing limestone rock faces and, if you're lucky, monkeys playing here and there. Later, take an evening safari with your group, where you'll head by longtail boat deep into the jungle, looking (and listening) out for more animals. After, you'll head to your raft house accommodation and be greeted by your welcoming hosts. Enjoy a homecooked traditional southern Thai meal with the locals and take the opportunity to get to know their lifestyles and stories before falling asleep to the relaxing sound of the jungle outside.
6 - Khao Sok National Park - Phuket This morning you'll wake up in the oldest evergreen rainforest in the world. Your awesome jungle raft house sits right inside the park, so you'll have time this morning to catch the mist drifting along the lake as you search for wildlife in the jungle on a longtail boat. Before lunch, take a jungle hike around the park, and depending on the season, maybe see cascading waterfalls or head up high to a panoramic viewpoint. If you're lucky there might be a glimpse of elephants, hornbills and langur monkeys. After, you'll say goodbye to the jungle and make your way to Phuket. Along the way, you'll visit the Khao Lak Tsunami Memorial for some sobering history of the area's past tsunamis and their victims. When you get into Phuket, head to the Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation. Mai Khao is one of the few beaches in Phuket that continues to welcome nesting turtles. Learn about how the foundation rescues eggs from surrounding beaches, where the necessary environment is no longer guaranteed, and about their environmental efforts to not only ensure the conservation of turtles but also to preserve the environment with local communities, schools, universities, government organisations and other NGOs. Later, check in to your accommodation and enjoy a free evening in Phuket to grab a couple of drinks, watch the sunset and hit the beach.
7 - Phuket Today is a free day in Phuket, giving you a full 24 hours to beach hop and immerse yourself in all the sun-soaked coastal views around you. Maybe take a day trip to Phi Phi and Koh Khai or head to the white sands of Banana Beach on Coral Island to bliss out somewhere new. Speaking of day trips, why not set off for glorious Similan for some bright azure waters and snorkelling options. Tonight, maybe hit the beach bars and have a few cocktails with your travel buddies to toast to a trip well-travelled.
8 - Phuket Your adventure comes to an end this morning, and with no activities planned, you're free to leave the accommodation at any time. If you'd like to stay in Thailand for longer (we wouldn't blame you), just speak to your booking agent. Pull up a towel, catch some rays and relax into the day. You deserve it!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans