Egyptian Family Adventure & Red Sea - 13 Days
From 2021-07-24 to 2022-12-31
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Aug Thu 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,125*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Thu 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,125*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Thu 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,125*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Nov Thu 04 2021AvailableFrom$2,125*
Dec Sat 18 2021 to Dec Thu 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,125*
Jan Sat 01 2022 to Jan Thu 13 2022AvailableFrom$2,125*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Thu 20 2022AvailableFrom$2,125*
Feb Sat 05 2022 to Feb Thu 17 2022AvailableFrom$2,125*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
2 nights 4 star hotels and 9 nights 5 star hotels - all with swimming pools.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Aswan (private 2 berth sleeper cabin) including meals.
Economy class flight from Hurghada to Cairo.
Aswan - Camel ride to St Simeon's Monastery.
Aswan - Felucca sailing on the Nile and visit to Elephantine Island.
Airport arrival and departure transfer day 1 and day 13.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Aswan, Luxor and Hurghada.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan Market, Kom Ombo Temple, the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
4 night Hurghada Red Sea stay - Swim, sun and sand.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide, degree qualified in Egyptology, days 1 to 10.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Welcome to Cairo and the beginning of your Egyptian adventure. Arrive at the airport where our representative will meet your family before you’re transferred to the hotel to spend tonight at leisure in Egypt’s capital.
Day 2 - Cairo This morning enjoy a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum and discover treasures including the famous gold burial mask of King Tutankhamun. For a small fee you can enter the Royal Mummy Room and discover the incredibly preserved mummies of pharaohs including Ramses II, who still has hair on his head. Later, discover the beautiful Citadel of Saladin - a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and browse the vibrant Khan el-Khalili bazaar where you can shop for souvenirs before we return to the hotel.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. Visit Egypt’s most iconic attraction today as we discover the legendary Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx at the Giza Plateau. Sole survivors of the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World, they were constructed from over 2.5million limestone blocks, taking more than 20 years to build. We enjoy a guided tour of the site and there is also the opportunity to enter one of the pyramids itself. Spend the afternoon exploring Cairo at leisure or relaxing by the hotel pool with your family, before we take the comfortable overnight sleeper train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan On arrival in Aswan we visit the scenic Philae Temple, on Agilika Island in the Nile, followed by a stop at a perfume oil emporium. We then check-in to the hotel, where the afternoon is at leisure. Perhaps take a stroll along the riverside corniche, visit the Aswan Botanical Gardens or enjoy an afternoon by the pool. This evening, we’ll visit the bustling Aswan market and enjoy the smells of herbs and spices being sold by the local merchants.
Day 5 - Aswan Enjoy a traditional felucca ride today as we sail on the mighty Nile to Elephantine Island. During our guided walk of the island we discover many archaeological sites and pay a visit to a local school (if open) before enjoying lunch and some family time back on board. This afternoon is free for you to spend at leisure or there is an optional excursion to Aswan's Nubian Museum. The museum is home to more than 3,000 artefacts and scale models from across Egyptian ancient history.
Day 6 - Aswan Aswan – Luxor. Today begins with a motorboat ride across the Nile to the West Bank. Here we enjoy an exciting camel ride across rolling sand dunes to the 7th century St Simeon's Monastery. Later today we drive to ancient Luxor, stopping en route at the famous double temple of Kom Ombo. This perfectly symmetrical temple was dedicated to both the crocodile god Sobek and the falcon god Horus.
Day 7 - Luxor This morning we explore the famous Valley of the Kings on Luxor's West Bank, where mighty pharaohs including Tutankhamun were laid to rest. Explore two of the ancient tombs and discover the beautiful carvings and hieroglyphs on the walls to get a sense of the power and importance of these ancient kings. Later, we’ll visit the beautiful Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and see the towering Colossi of Memnon, two giant statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III.
The adventure for today doesn’t end there - this afternoon we visit the gigantic Karnak Temple, which took around 1,500 years to complete. See the Avenue of Sphinxes and gaze at the enormous columns and statues which make up this complex site. The evening is free to relax with your family at leisure, or you may wish to join our optional tour of Luxor Temple, brilliantly illuminated by hundreds of lights at night.
Day 8 - Hurghada Luxor - Hurghada. Say goodbye to Luxor today as we drive to the popular resort of Hurghada, on the shore of the Red Sea. Enjoy a short orientation walk before spending the rest of today relaxing on the beach with your family.
Day 9 - Hurghada Enjoy free time to relax in Hurghada today or join our optional snorkelling trip on the beautiful Red Sea. Sail to a nearby coral reef and swim alongside colourful fish, turtles and maybe even a friendly dolphin or two. Later, enjoy lunch and drinks onboard before we return to shore.
Day 10-11 - Hurghada Spend days 10 and 11 independently in Hurghada, enjoying the vibrant resort with your family. Soak up some sun and swim in the turquoise waters, relax on the beach or by the pool, and enjoy the many bars and restaurants that the city has to offer.
Day 12 - Cairo Hurghada - Cairo. This morning we transfer to the airport in Hurghada for a flight back to Cairo. Spend the rest of the day at leisure in the capital.
Day 13 - Cairo Our Egyptian adventure comes to an end today with an included transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans