Best of Vietnam for Teenagers - 9 Days
From 2022-04-06 to 2022-12-28
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Wed 06 2022 to Apr Thu 14 2022Sold OutFrom$2,025*
Apr Wed 13 2022 to Apr Thu 21 2022Sold OutFrom$2,025*
Jun Wed 01 2022 to Jun Thu 09 2022Sold OutFrom$1,905*
Jun Wed 29 2022 to Jul Thu 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Aug Wed 03 2022 to Aug Thu 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Aug Wed 10 2022 to Aug Thu 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Aug Wed 24 2022 to Sep Thu 01 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Sep Wed 21 2022 to Sep Thu 29 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Sep Wed 28 2022 to Oct Thu 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,905*
Oct Wed 19 2022 to Oct Thu 27 2022AvailableFrom$2,105*
1 overnight sleeper train Hanoi to Hue in basic 4 berth cabin (or opt to fly - see Add-ons for details).
Breakfast daily, 4 lunches and 1 dinner .
6 nights 3-4 star hotels and 1 night aboard deluxe junk boat (private en suite cabin) .
Economy class flight: Danang to Ho Chi Minh City.
Guided sightseeing - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City.
Halong Bay Junk boat cruise - opt to swim, kayak and explore caves.
Bicycle ride to Cam Thanh Farm, cooking lesson and bamboo craft workshop.
Escorted by an English speaking Vietnamese tour guide.
Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 9.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Hanoi Wednesday. Welcome to Hanoi. Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free for you and your family to explore the city, with its picturesque tree-lined avenues, scenic lakes, ancient pagodas and bustling old town, all which are easily accessible by foot. At 6pm there will be a Welcome Meeting in the hotel lobby.
Day 2 - Halong Bay Hanoi – Halong Bay. This morning a scenic drive takes us to picturesque UNESCO Listed Halong Bay, where rugged karst islands dappled with lush vegetation rise from the pristine emerald coloured waters. Here we board a deluxe junk boat for an overnight cruise.
Based on traditional designs, these wonderful vessels combine oriental style with modern luxury. Soak up the panoramic views from the sundeck as the boat gently plies its course. This afternoon we visit Trinh Nu Cave, one of the finest caves in Halong Bay, covering an area of 2,000m² with a stunning array of stalactites and stalagmites. There's also the opportunity to go kayaking and swim in the bay.
Later this evening back on board, watch a Vietnamese cooking demonstration held on the sundeck before settling down for a sumptuous seafood dinner.
Day 3 - Halong Bay Halong Bay - Hanoi - Hue. Early birds can start the day with a relaxing Tai Chi class on the sundeck or a traditional massage - the perfect way to start the day. Before heading back to port this morning, we explore the beautiful Sung Sot cave (Surprise Grotto), which is 10,000m² and consists of two major chambers which are spectacular and spacious enough to hold thousands of people.
Arriving back to Hanoi mid-afternoon we explore the maze of streets known as the ‘36 streets of the old quarter’ aboard a cyclo (rickshaw). The narrow lanes are each named after the numerous guilds that once set up shop on a particular street from silk tailors to traditional medicine shops. On our tour we will have a chance to sample the exotic fruits, sizzling noodle dishes and delightfully sticky snacks being offers by the pavement vendors.
Later this evening there's a chance to freshen up before boarding the train (4 berth sleeper cabin, basic standard) on the ‘Reunification Express’ railway line to Hue. An option to fly from Hanoi to Hue is also available.
Day 4 - Hue This morning we have a breakfast box on the train before arriving into Hue where we set out on a guided sightseeing tour of this fascinating imperial city. Once the capital of the Nguyen emperors, the last ruling family of Vietnam, UNESCO-listed Hue is full of palaces, pagodas and temples. Two of the main highlights here are the Thien Mu Pagoda, home to the oldest monastery in the city, and the Citadel. Within the walls of the Citadel is the Imperial Purple Palace – an exact replica of the famed Forbidden City in Beijing, with impressive ramparts, formal moats and imperial palaces, some of which lay in ruin. After our tour we enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Perfume River en route back to our hotel.
Day 5 - Hoi An Hue - Road of the Ocean Clouds - Hoi An. Today we drive to the enchanting riverside town of Hoi An, travelling along the picturesque Hai Van Pass – nicknamed the Road of the Ocean Clouds, with beaches on one side and verdant hills on the other. We will break up our journey with a stop at China Beach, an expansive sandy beach made famous by the film ‘Apocalypse Now’. Here there will be the chance to opt for a swim in its warm waters before continuing our journey south along the coast.
Radiating age-old charm with grand colonial architecture, Hoi An is one of Vietnam's most delightful destinations. The Old Town, recognised as an UNESCO World Heritage Site, is an immaculately preserved example of an Asian trading port with covered bridges, pagodas, temples and merchant houses. The town's beguiling riverside setting adds to the overall picturesque appeal of Hoi An with women in conical hats rowing their wooden vessels downstream and the glow of red lanterns in the evenings reflected on the water's iridescent surface. A short walking tour will take us back to a bygone era, with a visit to the Chua Ong Pagoda, Chinese Assembly Hall, a 200-year-old Tam Ky house, former merchants’ homes and the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge.
Day 6 - Hoi An For a taste of rural life we take a leisurely bicycle ride out of Hoi An to Cam Thanh farm today. Cycling through picturesque villages where life moves at a slower pace, passing rice paddies, local orchards and seeing the locals at work in the fields. At the organic farm in Cam Thanh we meet the local farmers and learn all about their community-based project. Then we enjoy a fun hands-on farming experience, helping to tend the fields, applying organic manure, making organic pesticides and cultivating the soil for planting and watering. After farming the fields we return to the farmer's house and use the produce harvested from the organic vegetable garden to help to cook a tasty Vietnamese lunch for ourselves.
This afternoon we hop on our bicycles again for a short cycle to a bamboo workshop where we join a talented local craftsman to make our own bamboo products under his expert guidance. After the workshop we drive back to Hoi An and spend the evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Hoi An Today is free for you to spend at leisure, exploring Hoi An. Perhaps head to the beach for a day of relaxation or shop until you drop - Hoi An is famous for its skilled artisans, with wonderful craft shops, art galleries and some of Asia's best bespoke tailors.
Day 8 - Ho Chi Minh City Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh City. An early morning flight takes us to Ho Chi Minh City today. Once called the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, old and new collide in this modern city as gleaming sky scrapers, upmarket restaurants and designer shops stand side-by-side with colonial era landmarks and post-war remnants. Here we enjoy a walking tour of the city taking in some of Ho Chi Minh City’s most famous landmarks, including the impressive red-brick Neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral, the central Post Office and visiting the sobering War Remnants Museum.
Day 9 - Ho Chi Minh City Thursday. Our tour ends after breakfast today and there's an included transfer to the airport. If you have time, consider bargaining for goods at Ben Thanh Market or visiting the grand Independence Palace.
Alternatively, those with more time to spare can extend their stay and opt to join us on a day trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels, where there will be the chance to explore a vast network of underground tunnels and hideouts that were used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. Learn about booby traps, climb through trap doors, or even test your skills with an AK 47 at the firing range!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans