Australians are heading to the Sunshine Coast these holidays in record numbers. From Caloundra to Noosa and stretching through the hinterland heart, Christmas festivities and treats are ramping up around the Sunny Coast this festive season.
Here is your Sunshine Coast Christmas holiday guide with special events, Christmas carols, music, markets and where to find the best Christmas feasts for the whole family.
Find a unique gift or last-minute Christmas present at these evening markets.
- Eumundi Night Markets, Memorial Drive, Eumundi (4, 11 & 18 December, 5-9pm).
- Caloundra Street Fair Twilight Markets, Bulcock Beach Esplanade, Caloundra (every Friday except 25 December and 29 January, 5-9pm).
- Coolum Twilight Markets, Tickle Park, Coolum Beach (every Friday except 25 December, 4-8pm).
- Mary Street Christmas markets, Gympie (14 & 21 December, from 5pm).
A family-favourite tradition and the perfect way to make you feel like a kid again.
- Enchanted Carols Performance with Katie Noonan, Eudlo Hall, Eudlo (12 December, 7-9pm). (Tickets required)
- Coolum Christmas in the Park, Tickle Park, Coolum Beach (12 December, from 7pm).
- Carols at Cotton Tree, Esplanade, Cotton Tree (12 December, 4.30-8.30pm).
- Carols on the Green, Balmoral Road, Montville (16 December, 6-7.30pm).
- Carols on Kings Beach, Amphitheatre, Kings Beach (19 December, 4.30-8.30pm).
- Christmas in the Park, Nelson Reserve, Gympie (19 December, 7-8pm).
- Carols at Novotel Twin Waters, Twin Waters (20 December, from 5.30pm).
- Carols on the River, Lions Park, Noosaville (20 December, 7-9pm).
- Carols on the Beach, Peregian Beach (21 December, 4.30-8pm).
Celebrate around the country. Where To Celebrate Christmas In Australia
Need a gift? 8 Free Christmas Gifts All Travellers Cherish
Join in the fun and activities for big and little kids with these seasonal activities.
- Christmas in Cooroy (4-5 December).
- Santa at The Ginger Factory, Yandina (Thurs-Sun, 5-24 December, 10.30am-3pm).
- The Christmas Ball, Gympie Civic Centre (11 December, 7pm).
- Kilkivan Christmas Carnival, Kilkivan Showgrounds (12 December, 5pm to late).
- The Fairies Christmas Magic Concert, The Events Centre, Caloundra (12 December, 11am).
- Christmas Boat Parade, Mooloolah River, Mooloolaba (12 December, 6.30-8.30pm).
- Once Upon a Christmas Carol (Pantomine), Eumundi (12 December, 6.30-8.30pm).
- 20th Tewantin Christmas Carnival, Memorial Park, Tewantin (13 December, from 4pm).
- Christmas in Alex, Buhk Family Park, Alexandra Headlands (13 December, 4-8pm).
- Christmas Wonderland, Aussie World, Palmview (18-19 December, 6-9.30pm).
- Santa Comes to Mooloolaba, Mooloolaba Main Beach (24 December, 5.30pm).
Why cook on Christmas Day when on holidays? Join one of these local favourites for a Christmas meal with all the trimmings.
- Maleny Free Community Christmas Breakfast, Neighbourhood Centre, Maleny (8am).
- Novotel Twin Waters Resort, Twin Waters, Buffet options in one of three restaurants.
- Noosa Springs Resort, Festive Buffet (11.30am-3pm). Adults $160pp and children under 12 $59pp.
- Sheraton Noosa, Celebrate a White Christmas in the Ballroom, Midday (3.30pm).
New Year's Eve
Send in the New Years in style at one of these Sunshine Coast celebrations.
NYE Mooloolaba, Mooloolaba Esplanade
An alcohol-, glass- and drug-free event in a patrolled and fenced event zone. Two fireworks shows at 8.30pm and midnight, kids entertainment, food stalls and live music by The Potbelleez, Busby Marou and Carl Wockner. From 4pm (free entry).
NYE Caloundra, Kings Beach Amphitheatre, Kings Beach
Join the family beach party with children's entertainment, buskers and live music by Carl Wockner, Uke Crazy People, Paul Camilleri, Hannah Louise and more. Includes twilight movie, Minions at 7.15pm and fireworks at 9.30pm. From 4pm.
NYE Coolum, Tickle Park, Coolum
Presented by The Lions Club of Coolum, the family-friendly event will include amusement rides, sausage sizzle, popcorn, fairy floss and fireworks at 8pm. From 6pm.
Woodford Folk Festival, Woodrow Road, Woodford
Concerts, street theatre, film and comedy sessions to bring in 2016.
Novotel Twin Waters Carnival, Ocean Drive, Twin Waters
Carnival rides, food stalls, fireworks at 9pm and live music. From 5pm.
New Years Eve @ the Lake, Boreen Point
Includes a street parade, music, food, face painting and more.
Tin Can Bay Foreshore Carnival
Family fun with amusements, pony rides, food, live band 'Stealing Lincoln' and laser light shows at 9pm and midnight. Festivities start at 2.30pm.
No Bull Ball at The Pavilion Conference & Reception Centre, Gympie
A black tie event with a three course meal, live entertainment by five-piece band and a mechanical bull. Multiple auctions will also be held on the night. Commences at 6.30pm.