Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Once known as the 'Venice of the East', a stroll along Bangkok's canals or tour via water taxi is a great way to cool off and explore the peaceful and charming side of this lively city. Bangkok's diversity is all too apparent along the canals as you drift past quaint wooden houses, floating kitchens, colonial mansions and the famous Temple of Dawn. Along the north bank is the Royal Barges Museum where decadent barges, once used for royal processions, are kept. The long boats here are astounding examples of intricate craftsmanship and could easily pass for grand works of art.
Bangkok's fascinating history can also be seen on display at the Bangkok National Museum. Located at the former grounds of the 18th century Wa Nang Na Palace, a historic location in itself, the museum houses the country's largest collection of Thai art and artefacts. View a fascinating range of art works, ivory, ceramics, word carvings and religious artefacts, some of which date back to Neolithic times. One of the museum's highlights is the Buddhaisawan Chapel which features sacred images and some of Bangkok's oldest murals.
You can learn more about Bangkok's culture and history with a visit to the extraordinary Erawan Museum, the serene Suan Pakkad Palace and the unique Human Imagery Museum.
Bangkok Airport (BKK)
Flights from Australia to Bangkok will disembark at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok (BKK) is the third busiest airport in Asia and the main hub for four different Thai airlines. The airport boasts the world's tallest control tower and third largest single-building terminal. All arrivals and departures, both international and domestic, are handled within the one very large building.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Book your Bangkok Airport accommodation.
Getting to Bangkok
There are many airlines that offer flights to Bangkok from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne take around nine hours. There are also flights from Sydney or Melbourne that include a stopover in Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Singapore. Direct flights from Perth take around seven hours.
Airlines that fly to Bangkok
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Bangkok from Australia include: