Delve into Darwin's history at the Fannie Bay Gaol, an iconic heritage site that sits across from the Fannie Bay cliffs. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Sydney to Darwin: 4 hours 10 minutes approximately Distance from CBD: 13km
Taxi: Around $25 to CBD
Public Transport: The Airport Shuttle and public buses service the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
The Fannie Bay Gaol was in operation from 1883 until 1979 and held the last executions in the Northern Territory. Admission to the Gaol is free and an ideal visit for all ages with old cells, a kitchen and watch tower all on display. For more of Darwin's heritage, enjoy lunch in the CBD on the decks of Admiralty House across from the lush Esplanade. The majestic building is home to an award-winning restaurant that serves local seafood and specialises in steak.
Situated in Doctors Gully, fish feeding is another attraction for the whole family to experience. Friendly local fish swim to the shallow waters as you feed them bread. It's the perfect activity for the dry season!
After a day of sightseeing, relax at the open-air deckchair cinema, ideally located along Darwin's waterfront.
Darwin Airport (DRW)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Darwin Airport Guide.
Airlines that fly to Darwin
The following airlines fly to Darwin domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Darwin , see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.