Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Bookings made online will incur a booking fee of $19.95 per booking for Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings and $28 per person for International bookings. Merchant fees (e.g. credit card surcharge) also apply to International bookings made online.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Duxton, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel is situated on Nguyen Hue Boulevard, within easy walking distance of many of the city's most famous attractions including Ben Thanh Market, the Opera House, and Saigon River. The hotel is also ideally located for those who want to experience the city's bustling nightlife, from cheap & cheer...
Travel Dates: 01 October - 07 December 2015 .
Perhaps the most popular of the city's live performances is the Water Puppet Show at Thao Dien Village. Water puppetry is a thousand-year-old Vietnamese tradition involving puppets that perform on water. Shows at Thao Dien Village are held every Saturday night and are great if you're travelling with kids. Sit back and enjoy a delicious meal, lively atmosphere and entertaining traditional performance. Be sure to book in advance as it gets quite busy.
If the kids (or you) simply can't get enough of the water puppets, you can see a full-blown version of this unique art form at the Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre. The performance hall is rather small so be sure to book tickets as soon as you arrive in Saigon, if not before. Chances are you won't follow the storyline as it is all in Vietnamese, but the puppets themselves and the live orchestra music that accompanies the show will certainly entertain.
For a slightly more soothing live performance, pay a visit to the Sax N Art Jazz Club on Le Loi Street. The live jazz performances here are superb, though the drinks are a little on the expensive side. If you don't mind parting with a few dollars, head here after dinner at about 9:30pm and prepare to be schmoozed by some irresistible sounds.
Ho Chi Minh City Airport (SGN)
Flights from Australia to Ho Chi Minh City will disembark at Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
Tan Son Nhat International (SGN) is Vietnam's largest airport serving Ho Chi Minh City. Formally known as Saigon Airport, Tan Son Nhat International takes its name from the neighbouring village of Tan Son Nhat.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Tan Son Nhat International Airport Book your Ho Chi Minh City Airport accommodation.
Getting to Ho Chi Minh City
There are many airlines that offer flights to Ho Chi Minh City from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore, Guangzhou or Bangkok take between 13 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore or Bangkok take between 11 and 14 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore or Bangkok take between nine and 12 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Taipei or Singapore take between 12 and 14 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Ho Chi Minh City
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Ho Chi Minh City from Australia include:
For more information on Ho Chi Minh City holidays check out our Ho Chi Minh City travel guide.