With premium and fresh produce readily available, Hobart has established itself as a hub for innovative dining. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Sydney to Hobart:1 hour 50 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 17km
Taxi: Around $35 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Hobart boasts many great restaurants that offer a variety of dining experiences. Some of the top restaurants in Hobart include Garagistes, Henry's Restaurant and The Source. Garagistes is an ultra modern restaurant and wine bar, while Henry's Restaurant offers a selection of modern and classic food, in the surrounds of an extensive art collection. Similarly, The Source restaurant is located on the banks of the Derwent river as part of the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), offering cutting-edge cuisine and a selection of wines from the on-site winery.
Alternatively, if you'd like a more laid-back meal, head to the Hobart waterfront (right next to Salamanca Place) where you can enjoy fresh and cooked seafood, straight off the boats. In fact, several restaurants operate from moored boats in the harbour, offering a unique seafood dining experience. Mure's Upper Deck seafood restaurant is famous on the waterfront and open for lunch or dinner seven days a week.
Kids (and kids at heart) will love The Drunken Admiral restaurant and its nautical theme, complete with pirate memorabilia and a skeleton steering a ghost ship.
Hobart Airport (HBA)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Hobart Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Hobart's CBD, where the majority of accommodation is located, is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. Book your Hobart Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Hobart
The following airlines fly to Hobart domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Hobart, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.