Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Thamel is the main tourist hub of Kathmandu, offering a multitude shops, market stalls, bars and restaurants. Conveniently, Thamel is also the first area in Nepal to be declared a full WiFi zone, allowing tourists to access WiFi internet from anywhere in the neighbourhood free of charge.
Thamel has also become Nepal's primary gathering point for mountain trekkers. There are countless shops in the area that specialise in mountaineering and trekking gear, as well as many companies offering mountain climbing trips and courses. As such, Thamel is quite often teeming with mountaineering groups before they set off for base camp.
Though food prices here are closer to western standards than Nepalese, Thamel is a great place to grab a meal and is safer in terms of food hygiene standards than other areas of Kathmandu. Try a restaurant by the name of Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop for a truly international range of food and drinks for very reasonable prices. Popular with trekkers, you can bank on walking into a warm and communcal atmosphere at Gaia.
Kathmandu Airport (KTM)
Flights to Kathmandu will disembark at Tribhuvan International Airport.
Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) is the sole international airport in Nepal and is located about 6 kilometres from the city centre, in the Kathmandu valley. The airport began as Gauchar Airport, named after the area of Kathmandu where it was situated.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Tribhuvan International Airport. Book your Kathmandu Airport accommodation.
Getting to Kathmandu
There are many airlines that offer flights to Kathmandu from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Kuala Lumpur or Guangzhou take between 16 and 19 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur take between 17 and 19 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Kuala Lumpur or Guangzhou take between 16 and 18 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore, Guangzhou or Kuala Lumpur take between 12 and 16 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Kathmandu
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Kathmandu from Australia include:
For more information on Kathmandu holidays check out our Kathmandu travel guide.