Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
For a glimpse into the high life that marked an earlier era of Washington's high society, be sure to visit the 1930s-built sprawling Georgian-style mansion 'Hillwood'. It's the former home of the heiress and arts patron, Marjorie Merriweather Post and it's a museum with a memorable tag line: 'Where Fabulous Lives'. Another museum providing a peek into a fantasy world that sometimes finds an expression in reality is the International Spy Museum, and one of the city's most popular is the National Air and Space Museum. These – in addition to the local 'stalwarts': the White House, US Capitol building, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Jefferson Pier, the Holocaust Museum and Vietnam War Memorial – are a good place to start.
This is largely a walking city so you'll be working up an appetite and a thirst along the way. Bring your cash and check out one (or several) of the top 10 restaurants, as voted by the Washingtonian in 2012: Komi; The Inn at Little Washington; Citronelle; Minibar; Palena; CityZen; Rasika; Fiola; Marcel's and Vidalia.
Looking for more than just a flight? A Washington DC holiday package includes flights, accommodation, and often other extras like tours or car hire. View our Washington packages.
Washington DC Airport (DCA)
Flights from Australia to Washington DC will disembark at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
The Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is situated across the Potomac River in the state of Virginia, south of America's capital. The airport was renamed in 1998 in honour of the former President.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Book your Washington DC Airport accommodation
Getting to Washington DC
There are several airlines that offer flights to Washington DC from Australia. Flights from both Sydney and Brisbane with one stopover take around 20 hours 30 minutes. Flights from Melbourne with one stopover in Los Angeles take around 21 hours and 40 minutes. Flights from Perth with one stopover in Doha or Dubai take between 29 hours 25 minutes and 47 hours depending on stopover time.
Airlines that fly to Washington DC
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Washington DC from Australia include:
For more information on Washington holidays check out our Washington travel guide.