Do you like the sound of landing a $20k* holiday? Of course you do! To celebrate the launch of Captain's Pack, we're giving 5 lucky entrants the chance to go wing-to-wing in a paper plane throwing competition taking place at 2:30pm on 15 September at the Murray Street Mall, Forest Place, Perth. The winner will take home the $20k* prize!
Paper Plane Templates - Some design inspirations to get you started!
See our team practicing hard!
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Flight Centre (“Promoter”) of Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Conditions of Entry
2. Eligibility information and the prize offered form part of these Conditions of Entry. An individual that renders themself an Eligible Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who comply with the requirements set out in the “Eligibility for Promotion” terms stated in these Conditions of Entry ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, its related bodies corporate, and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
5. There are 4 promotional periods as part of the overarching competition that relate to activations in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, as follows:
Melbourne: The promotion commences at 8am AEST on 25 August 23 and closes at 12pm AEST on 1 September 23 (“Promotion Period”). Entry via the competition page will open 8am AEST on 25 August 23 and close at 12pm AEST on 31 August 23. Entry via the trivia competition mechanic will occur at approximately 11am AEST on 1 September 23.
Sydney: The promotion commences at 8am AEST on 2 September 23 and closes at 12pm AEST on 6 September 23 (“Promotion Period”). Entry via the competition page will open 8am AEST on 2 September 23 and close at 12pm AEST on 5 September 23. Entry via the trivia competition mechanic will occur at approximately 11am AEST on 6 September 23.
Brisbane: The promotion commences at 8am AEST on 6 September 23 and closes at 6pm AEST on 10 September 23 (“Promotion Period”). Entry via the competition page will open 8am AEST on 6 September 23 and close at 8pm AEST on 9 September 23. Entry via the trivia competition mechanic will occur at approximately 5pm AEST on 10 September 23.
Perth: The promotion commences at 8am AEST on 12 September 23 and closes at 12pm AEST on 16 September 23 (“Promotion Period”). Entry via the competition page will open 8am AEST on 12 September 23 and close at 12pm AEST on 14 September. Entry via the trivia competition mechanic will occur at approximately 2.30pm AEST on 15 September.
Eligibility for Promotion
6. Eligible Entrants will be those who during the Promotion Period, either: (1) Enter the competition online (via the QR code linking to www.flightcentre.com.au/p/captains-pack-competition) and subscribe to direct marketing material from the Promoter. Five (5) entrants in each location will be contacted and invited to participate in the paper plane throwing competition relevant to their location; or
(2) Participate in a trivia competition (game of skill) on the competition day in each relevant location, with the first 3 respondents to answer the questions successfully who will participate in the paper plane throwing competition.
7. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion remain the responsibility of each Eligible Entrant.
8A. Personal information of Eligible Entrants may be provided to third parties involved with this Promotion including event facilitators, prize suppliers, and regulatory authorities (in accordance with the applicable privacy/notice set out in clause 8. If an Eligible Entrant fails to provide their personal information in this regard, they will not be able to participate in the Promotion.
9. An Eligible Entrant who complies with these eligibility requirements will receive one (1) entry only in the Promotion.
Selection of “Competition Entrants”
10. Subject to Clause 13, there will be five (5) Eligible Entrants from each location (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth) who enter via the competition landing page selected as ‘Competition Entrants’. There will be an additional three (3) entrants selected on the competition day in each location. In total, there will be (eight) 8 entrants per location competing in the paper plane throwing competition, to win the Prize.
11. The Competition Entrants who enter via the competition landing page will be determined by random draws taking place at the Promoter’s Head Office located at Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia. Timings for each location are as follows:
Melbourne: Entries from Competition Entrants will be reviewed and finalized by 2pm AEST on 31 August 23
Sydney: Entries from Competition Entrants will be reviewed and finalised by 2pm AEST on 5 September 23
Brisbane: Entries from Competition Entrants will be reviewed and finalised by 10am AEST on 10 September 23
Perth: Entries from Competition Entrants will be reviewed and finalised by 5pm AEST on 14 September 23
The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an ineligible entrant is drawn. The Prize Winner need not be present at the draw.
12. The Competition Entrants will be contacted by the Promoter via telephone as follows: Melbourne: Competition Entrants will be contacted by 5pm AEST on 28 August 23 Sydney: Competition Entrants will be contacted by 5pm AEST on 5 September 23 Brisbane: Competition Entrants will be contacted by 12pm AEST on 10 September 23 Perth: Competition Entrants will be contacted by 5pm AEST on 14 September 23
13. During the above mentioned telephone calls, the contacted Competition Entrants will be required to confirm their acceptance to attend at the relevant activation to participate in the Paper Plane Throwing Competition. There will be 1 (one) attempt to call each of the 5 (five) Competition Entrants for each location. In the instance that a Competition Entrant cannot be reached, a replacement Competition Entrant will be drawn, and contact made the same day.
Selection of “Competition Entrants” who enter via the trivia competition on the competition day
14. On competition day in each specified location (see dates provided below) 3 (three) Competition Entrants will be selected from the attending crowd by correctly answering a trivia question by raising their hands. Participants will indicate their readiness to answer by raising their hands. . The first individual observed with their hand raised in the air with the correct answer will be deemed a qualifier. Event coordinators will have staff in the crowds looking for the hands and will ask the person to tell the staff their answer and not shout it out . Those who answer correctly will earn a spot to participate in the paper plane throwing competition on the day.
Selection of “Prize Winners” – Paper Plane Throwing Competition
15. There will be 4 (four) Prize Winners in total, 1 (one) in each of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
16. To be announced as a Prize Winner, the Competition Entrants will participate in a Paper Plane Throwing competition. Each participant will have the opportunity to use their own paper plane, or a cardboard/plastic model plane provided by the Promoter.
16A. Competition Entrants who opt to use their own paper plane, will have their plane checked by the Promoter prior to participating in the competition. Permitted paper planes may only be made of paper, with no adhesives or sticking agents to hold it together. Additional embellishments or weights which may aid in making the paper plane go faster or further are not permitted. In the instance that a plane is not permitted, the Competition Entrant will have the option to make a new paper plane on site or select a provided cardboard/plastic model provided by the Promoter.
16B. On the competition day, the entrants will choose or build a plane (paper or foam) which will be aimed at a target. All entrants will stand on the first marking closest to the target and will be given 2 shots to successfully hit the target. If the shot is successful, they will move back to the next marker and continue until there is only one person who makes the shot. After the first marking they only receive one shot. If two contestants are tied on the same marking, they will move to the closer marking and then throw again. If we cannot determine a winner a trivia question will be asked with the answer requiring a number to be given with the closest number (under the correct number to win) as the Prize Winner.
17. The Prize Winner(s) must be able to provide a current, valid Passport or Driver’s License / other Valid ID to verify their identity and accept the prize.
17A. The prize cannot be issued to a winner of the paper plane competition who is under 18 years of age. Entrants who are under the age of 18 years must have the prize issued to a parent or legal guardian, who is able to provide a current, valid Passport or Driver’s License / other Valid ID.
18. The Prize Winner will be issued with a Prize Letter on the day of the competition, detailing their Prize and who to contact to have it issued.
19. The Prize Winner will have 15 days to claim the prize. If the prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner before 5:00pm AEST on the 15th day after it is announced, the prize will be forfeit.
20. Eligible Entrants who participate in the Promotion (including by accepting a Prize) consent to their name being announced on the following websites & social media accounts once they have been confirmed as a Prize Winner and have formally accepted their prize: www.flightcentre.com.au , www.facebook.com/flightcentreAU & www.instagram.com/flightcentreau/
21. The Promoter's decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the promotion.
22. Each Prize Winner will win one of four (4) $20,000 holidays, which will be issued in Flight Centre Gift Cards.
23. The Prize Winners (by accepting a Prize) agrees that they will abide by the applicable terms and conditions for the use of the Prize as notified by the Promoter. Gift Cards are to be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of use, which are available at www.flightcentre.com.au/giftcards
24. Eligible Entrants may only receive one (1) prize across the Promotion Period.
25. The Prize Winners will be responsible for any tax liability (where applicable) that may arise from being awarded the Prize.
26. The Prize Winners must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash (except as permitted through normal use of the prize) and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
28. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible for or liable for:
(a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information.
(b) entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected, or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions.
(c) any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software.
(d) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website.
(e) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion.
(f) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion; g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
(h) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
29. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for personal injury suffered in connection with participation in this Promotion or with the use of the Prize offered, except to the extent caused directly by the Promoter's gross negligence.
30. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate, servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
31. When eligible entrants subscribe to the Promoter’s email newsletter, they are agreeing to receive email marketing from both the Promotor and/or its related body corporates. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by the Promoter they can email email@example.com or contact [the Global Head Office on 07 3170 7979]. If entrants opt out of receiving marketing at any time during the Promotional Period, they will no longer be eligible to receive a prize.
32. If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, government directives, pandemic, public health orders and the like, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities and without providing compensation to Eligible Entrants.
33. These Conditions of Entry shall be subject to the laws of the relevant jurisdiction in which the Eligible Entrant entered the Promotion.
34. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
35. By entering this Promotion, you agree to release Facebook from any liability including for any loss, personal injury or damage.
36. These Conditions of Entry shall supersede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the Promotion. This Promotion is a game of skill.