Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Darwin to Cairns: 2 hours 30 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 7km
Taxi: Around $16 to CBD
Public Transport: Public buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Food lovers continue to flock to Cairns for its exciting culinary offerings. Its seaside location combined with warm tropical weather allows Cairns access to fantastic ingredients resulting in truly exotic menus.
The city's seafood would have to be its most prominent culinary highlight. With freshly-caught sustainable fish and shellfish delivered every day, you won't want to visit Cairns without sampling the local fish, prawns and mussels. For a mouth watering meal, head to the sunny Esplanade and enjoy a seafood meal while overlooking the water. From fine dining to quaint cafes, this area is ideal for a range of tastes and budgets.
Despite the heat, coffee culture is also strong in Cairns. Order your favourite brew from one of the city's baristas and you'll be surprised by the impressive quality and taste.
Cairns Airport (CNS)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Cairns Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Staying anywhere in the city area will put you in close proximity to Cairns Airport. Book your Cairns Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Cairns
Cairns is the primary airport of North Queensland and is serviced by both domestic and international airlines. The airlines that fly to Cairns domestically are listed below:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Cairns, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.