Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Symbolising Indonesian independence, the National Monument towers 132 metres over Medeka Square or Freedom Square in the heart of the city. President Sukarno commissioned construction of the monument in 1961 but the Monas, as it's affectionately known, was unveiled after his death in 1975. The peak of the obelisk is adorned with a flame covered in gold foil. A lift takes enthusiasts to the top for spectacular views across the sprawling city.
To the west of the monument is the National Museum, the city's premiere collection of artefacts comprehensively covering Indonesia's extensive history. The museum was established in 1778 and today boasts more than 100,000 objects, including over 61,000 prehistoric relics. The building itself is known as the Elephant Building owing to the Elephant statue that graces the forecourt.
It's also worth considering meandering around the expansive Freedom Square.
Jakarta Airport (CGK)
Flights from Australia to Jakarta will disembark at Soekarno-Hatta International.
Soekarno-Hatta International (CGK), also known as Jakarta Airport or Cengkareng, is the main airport serving Jakarta and the island of Java, Indonesia. The airport takes its name from the first Indonesian President, Soekarno, and the first vice-president, Mohammed Hatta.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Soekarno-Hatta International. Book your Jakarta Airport accommodation.
Getting to Jakarta
There are several airlines that offer flights to Jakarta from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around seven hours. Direct flights from Melbourne take seven hours and 15 minutes. Direct flights from Perth take around five hours. Flights from Brisbane via Denpasar, Sydney or Singapore take between 10 and 11 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Jakarta
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Jakarta from Australia include:
For more information on Jakarta holidays check out our Jakarta travel guide.
To book your flights to Jakarta, call our travel consultants on 133 133.