Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
History is everywhere you look in Munich, and as such provides a large portion of the city's sightseeing opportunities. Don't miss out on a visit to the Asam Church, a breathtakingly impressive structure built in the mid 1700s by two brothers as their private church. There's an interesting story behind why they built the church, and an abundance of ornate decorations reminiscent of a fictional fantasy land.
Next stop on the historical itinerary is the huge Residenz Royal Palace, the former residence of the Bavarian monarchs and the largest city palace in Germany. The palace is now a museum filled with all sorts of valuable items collected by the Wittelsback rulers. With more than 130 rooms to explore, allow a good half day for this site. Be sure to get an audio headset for some great information about the rooms, collections, and Bavarian royal history in general.
Wrap up your historical education with a trip to St. Peter's Church, the oldest church in Munich. Originally built in 1180 and reconstructed in the mid 1300s after being destroyed by a fire, this important historic building is one of Germany's finest examples of Gothic architecture. The church's towering steeple is a great spot from which to snap a shot of the city.
Munich Airport (MUC)
Flights from Australia to Munich will disembark at Munich Airport.
Munich Airport (MUC), known to locals as Flughafen München, is the main airport of Munich and the second busiest airport in Germany. Taking its German name from politician Franz Josef Strauss, Munich Airport has two terminals and is a secondary hub for Lufthansa.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Munich Airport. Book your Munich Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Munich
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Munich from Australia include:
For more information on Munich holidays check out our Munich travel guide.