Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Distinction Wellington Century City Hotel provides the ideal base for business or leisure, in a vibrant location in the heart of all the action. On the doorstep of key Wellington attractions including Te Papa Museum, Distinction Welling Century City Hotel's 89 guest rooms range from impeccably de...
Travel Dates: 7 August - 28 October 2019
Citylife Hotel Wellington
ityLife Wellington NZ is a modern suite-style hotel situated in the heart of Wellington's boutique shopping precinct, Lambton Quay. Offering a range of one and two bedroom Wellington apartments, CityLife Wellington hotel is ideal for all occasions. A romantic night away, a girls shopping weekend,...
Travel Dates: 7 August - 17 September 2019
Direct Sydney to Wellington flights depart Kingsford-Smith Airport four times every day. So many flights means organising the cheapest flights to Wellington from Sydney is easy for Flight Centre. Better yet, this is the shortest route to Wellington from any Australian airport. This means you could be exploring Space Place, Zealandia, or the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa after little more than three hours of travel time.
If you’re looking for a break from Sydney’s hustle and bustle, you might find you’ve arrived in your new favourite place – Wellington is a charming, laidback city indeed.
Flying To Wellington
Sydney to Wellington Flight Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes.
There are a number of airlines that fly out of Sydney to Wellington:
Airlines that fly to Wellington
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Wellington from Sydney include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Wellington, have a look at our international airline page.
Wellington Airport (WLG)
Flights from Sydney to Wellington will disembark at Wellington International Airport.
Wellington International Airport (WLG) services New Zealand's capital and is the third busiest airport in the country. The airport was once known as Rongotai Airport due to its location in the suburb of Rongotai and is a secondary hub for Air New Zealand.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Wellington Airport. Whether you want to stay close to the airport or in the heart of the city, take a look at our range of Wellington accommodation deals.
Top tips for your trip to Wellington
Running since 1902, the historic Wellington Cable Car is one of the city's most popular attractions. Departing near Lambton Quay, the funicular railway rises 120 metres over a length of 612 metres to take eager passengers to the Botanic Gardens. In the first year of operations, the cable car transported 425,000 passengers – a figure which has grown to around 1 million people per year today.
Railway enthusiasts will enjoy the Wellington Cable Car Museum that was opened in 2000. The museum displays several examples of railway cars used over the past century with the centrepiece being a car dating from 1905 that's been restored to its former glory and a bell from a San Francisco car. The botanic gardens provide a wonderful opportunity to admire both the views of Wellington and local flora.
For more information on Wellington holidays check out our Wellington holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.