Located deep in the heart of New Zealand’s mountainous South Island, Queenstown stuns visitors with spectacular scenery and turns them into devotees with a seemingly endless list of things to do.
Ski the slopes in winter, suspend your sanity on a bungee jump in summer and hit the town after dark at any time to enjoy one of New Zealand’s most vibrant party cities.
While it may be renowned as New Zealand’s beloved 'Adventure Capital', Queenstown is also the gateway to the greater Otago Region at large.
Arrowtown and Glenorchy are just a short hop away, while the region’s largest city Dunedin is a leisurely drive through Central Otago towards the coast, making Queenstown the perfect place from which to base all your South Island adventures.
More Queenstown holiday inspiration
Marvel at the scenery from...
- The edge of Lake Wakatipu
- The top of Bob’s Peak
- The Remarkables skifields
Set your pulse racing with...
- A bungee jump off Kawarau Bridge
- A jet boat ride on the Shotover Jet
- Zip-lining through the forest
Grab a bite to eat at…
- Fishbone Bar & Grill (freshly shucked oysters)
- Vknow (a suburban family favourite)
- Botswana Butchery (carnivore mecca)
Explore the Otago region on…
- A trip to historic Arrowtown
- An excursion to nearby Wanaka
- A half-day drive to Dunedin