Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Venture back in time with a visit to the Red Fort in Old Delhi and get a feel for the city's decadent past. The 17th-century red sandstone fort was once the home of the royal family and is one of Delhi's top tourist sites. Though the building's ancient objects and marble inlays are long gone, the Red Fort's imposing size is still awe-inspiring. Around the fort you can wander the bazaars and green manicured gardens or visit the museum found in the Jewel Palace. At night, head to the Red Fort to watch the spectacular light and sound show.
From the Red Fort you can walk to Jama Mazjid, India's largest mosque. The mosque was completed in 1658 and commissioned by Emperor Shah Jahan, the same Emperor responsible for the Red Fort and the Taj Mahal. The mosque can hold around 25,000 people and includes 4 towers and 2 minarets made from sandstone and marble. For a small fee you can take the steep climb to the top of one of these minarets, where the view is a notable highlight.
After seeing a number of Delhi's ancient temples, enjoy a change of pace with a visit to the famous and futuristic Lotus Temple.
Delhi Airport (DEL)
Flights from Australia to Delhi will disembark at Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Named after the former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is located 16 kilometres from New Delhi and is the busiest airport in India.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport . Book your Delhi Airport accommodation.
Getting to Delhi
There are many airlines that offer flights to Delhi from Australia. Direct flights from Melbourne take around 12 hours. Flights from Sydney via Melbourne, Singapore or Guangzhou take between 15 and 17 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Melbourne, Bangkok, Singapore or Guangzhou take between 14 and 17 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore take between 12 and 15 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Delhi
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Delhi from Australia include:
- Air China
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
For more information on Delhi holidays check out our Delhi travel guide.
To book your flights to Delhi, call our travel consultants on 133 133.