Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Although Munich is indeed a city of great diversity and a wide range of things to see and do, many of its visitors arrive for one reason only - Oktoberfest. The world's biggest fare runs from late September to the first weekend of October, attracting around six million attendees each year. Whether you're there for a weekend, a week or the whole 16 days, prepare yourself for the world's finest beer, plenty of delicious, hearty food and a multitude of exciting rides.
The Oktoberfest tradition began in 1810 as a party to celebrate the marriage of Prince Ludwig and Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen. The festival's first few years focussed on horse racing and an agricultural show, before beer and food stands were introduced in 1818. The tradition of the agricultural show continues today but is only held every third year.
Getting yourself a good table in a desirable beer hall can be quite a challenge and generally involves queuing outside well before the hall opens, particularly during the opening and closing weekends. To let someone else take care of all the hard work for you, book an Oktoberfest tour. The cost of your package will most likely cover your accommodation, transfers, breakfasts, and often special extras like a tour of the city.
Munich Airport (MUC)
Flights from Australia to Munich will disembark at Munich Airport.
Munich Airport (MUC), known to locals as Flughafen München, is the main airport of Munich and the second busiest airport in Germany. Taking its German name from politician Franz Josef Strauss, Munich Airport has two terminals and is a secondary hub for Lufthansa.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Munich Airport. Book your Munich Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Munich
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Munich from Australia include:
For more information on Munich holidays check out our Munich travel guide.