Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Contrary to what you might think, one of Taipei's biggest drawcards is its collection of natural assets. The best known of these is Yangmingshan National Park, about 40 minutes drive out of the city. The park is home to breathtaking mountains, hot-spring baths, flawless grasslands perfect for picnics, cherry blossoms (in Spring), and some of Taiwan's best hiking trails.
If the hot springs of Yangminghsan took your fancy, don't miss a visit to the well-known Beitou Hot Springs. There are numerous hot springs suitable for bathing in this area, each of them surrounded by picture-perfect mountain scenery. There's also the Beitou Hot Springs Museum, built during Japanese occupation, where you can learn all about the history of the area and the Taiwanese bathing culture.
For a spectacular aerial view of the beautiful natural scenery surrounding Taipei, take a ride on the Maokong Gondola. A full day pass for the Maokong Gondola costs less than $6, and gives you unlimited access to the gondola and its four stations - Taipei Zoo, Taipei Zoo South, Zhinan Temple and Maokong.
Taipei Airport (TPE)
Flights from Australia to Taipei will disembark at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is the primary airport for Taipei and the busiest airport in Taiwan. Located in the Taoyuan County, Taiwan Taoyuan International has two terminals and is the main hub for China Airlines.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Book your Taipei Airport accommodation.
Getting to Taipei
There are many airlines that offer flights to Taipei from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take nine hours and 20 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Hong Kong, Singapore or Bangkok take between 12 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Hong Kong take 11 hours and 20 minutes. Flights from Perth via Hong Kong take 10 hours and 30 minutes.
Airlines that fly to Taipei
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Taipei from Australia include:
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Philippine Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
For more information on Taipei holidays check out our Taipei travel guide.