Cheap Sydney to Gold Coast flights
Great value economy flight to Gold Coast
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates03 Mar 2020 - 08 Apr 2020 / 30 Apr 2020 - 04 Jul 2020 / 24 Jul 2020 - 30 Sep 2020
- One way economy class airfare to Gold Coast per person.
Flights to Gold Coast from Sydney
Break away from your routine and escape to the stunning Gold Coast. Book cheap flights to the Gold Coast from Sydney today and soak in all that this city has to offer. Read more about flying to the Gold Coast below.
Why drive for about 10 hours up the Pacific Motorway when you can book affordable Sydney to Gold Coast flights? You’ll only spend about an hour and 20 minutes on the plane before you’re off to enjoy the sand and sunshine. Many domestic airlines offer daily flights to the Gold Coast from Sydney Airport. Coolangatta, where Gold Coast Airport is located, boasts a good surfing beach and seaside eats. From here, you can hop on public transportation to get you to live entertainment, shopping precincts, fine-dining, and nature reserves.
At Flight Centre, we can help you to find the cheapest flight to the Gold Coast from Sydney.
How long does it take to fly from Sydney to the Gold Coast?
Sydney to Gold Coast – 1 hour 20 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Sydney to the Gold Coast?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Airbus A320
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737
Departing from Sydney
Sydney Airport (SYD) is also known as Mascot Airport or Kingsford Smith Airport, and is located 8km from the city centre. It is the busiest airport in Australia and consists of three terminals, with Terminal 1 the hub for international flights and Terminals 2 and 3 servicing domestic flights. A fast and reliable way to get yourself to the airport – especially during peak times – is the AirportLink train, which departs from Central, Circular Quay, and any of the city stations. Trains run approximately every ten minutes, with the journey taking less than 15 minutes. A one-way ticket is about $19. To use AirportLink, you’ll need to purchase an Opal Card. It’s easy to take a taxi or rideshare service to the airport too, but allow plenty of time if you’re travelling in the peak periods. Read more about Sydney Airport (SYD) transport options.
Where will my flight land?
The Gold Coast Airport welcomes over 6.5 million passengers annually and is one of Australia’s fastest growing airports. It’s located in a unique position, with the Queensland/New South Wales border cutting directly across its runway. Gold Coast Airport is the key aviation hub for the Gold Coast’s 57 kilometres of white sand beaches, as well as northern holiday hotspots of New South Wales, such as Byron Bay. The best way to get from Gold Coast Airport to your accommodation depends on what suits you most, and ranges from budget options like public transport, all the way up to the ultimate in service: the limousine transfer. No matter what you prefer, there are plenty of user-friendly options thanks to all the infrastructure that was put in place for the XXI Commonwealth Games in 2018. Read more about all the ways to get to and from Gold Coast Airport (OOL).
What is the weather like on the Gold Coast?
There’s rarely much to complain about when it comes to the weather on the Gold Coast. Located in South East Queensland, the region enjoys sunshine for at least 300 days of the year. This means that any time is a good time to visit the Gold Coast.
From December until February, the average temperature in the Gold Coast ranges from 21 to 28 degrees Celsius. Make like the locals and cool off by spending your time at one of the many Gold Coast beaches or water-centric theme parks. Summer storms also come in the late afternoons, giving some relief from the heat.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear and cool clothing
Don’t forget: Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
Any week between March 1st and May 31st might be one of the best times to visit the Gold Coast. The temperature cools to averages of 16 to 25 degrees Celsius, but it’s still pleasant enough to go for a swim in the sea. Plus, if you avoid the two weeks of school holidays, you’ll find the beaches and attractions are less crowded compared to summer.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear, shorts, and short-sleeve tops
Don’t forget: A towel to quickly dry off after your swim
A year on the Gold Coast can sometimes feel like one long summer. However, from June to August, the average temperatures do drop to around 12 to 22 degrees Celsius. There are some who still go into the water to catch some waves. If those temperatures are too cold for you, though, visit the Gold Coast anyway to see the whales make their annual journey south.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts or jeans and a light jumper
Don’t forget: A jacket or blanket to wrap up against any chills
Once September hits, the Gold Coast temperature increases to an average of around 14 to 25 degrees Celsius. This signals a return to the water for many locals and visitors. It’s also during the spring when Schoolies starts, bringing a lot partygoers. So if you want a quiet holiday, avoid the Gold Coast during this period.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear, shorts, and short-sleeve tops
Don’t forget: Sunscreen
Our Gold Coast Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.