Cheap Melbourne to Adelaide flights
Great value economy flight to Adelaide
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates01 Feb 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights to Adelaide from Melbourne
Book a Melbourne to Adelaide flight and visit a city full of character. Boasting beautiful parks, gorgeous beaches, hills lined with grape vines and an exciting arts scene, Adelaide always makes for an enjoyable stay. With day trip destinations such as Kangaroo Island, the Barossa Valley and Victor Harbor on its doorstep, amazing experiences are only moments away. Adelaide Airport is close to the city, making it easy to get your holiday started even sooner!
Flight Centre can help you to find the cheapest flight to Adelaide from Melbourne.
How long does it take to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide?
Melbourne to Adelaide – 1 hour 20 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Melbourne to Adelaide?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Boeing 737
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737
Departing from Melbourne
There are four airports in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport (MEL) at Tullamarine by far the busiest, and the major airport for all domestic and international flights. Melbourne Airport is approximately 23km to the northwest of the city centre. If you’re departing on a domestic flight from Melbourne Airport, you’ll most likely leave from T1, T3 or T4; Qantas arrives and departs from T1, T3 is reserved for Virgin Australia passengers, and all remaining airlines fly from T4. While there is no direct rail link between the airport and the city, there are a number of reliable options for transport such as taxi, rideshare, shuttle bus, public bus, private transfer service – even helicopter if you feel like a splurge. A typical taxi fare from Flinders Street in the Melbourne city centre to the airport in non-peak hour traffic takes around 30 minutes and will cost between $45 and $62.
Where will my flight land?
Adelaide Airport (ADL) is the gateway to South Australia and everything this state has to offer, from the Barossa Valley wine region to Kangaroo Island and the spectacular Limestone Coast. The airport is a hub for eight international airlines, five domestic airlines and a number of regional and charter airlines. Everything is under one roof at Adelaide Airport, which is Australia’s fifth busiest airport, servicing about 8 million passengers a year.
What is the weather like in Adelaide?
The weather in Adelaide does vary, with some hot weather in summer and cool winters. There’s something special to experience any time of year, so the best time to travel to Adelaide depends on your agenda. February and March is busy in the city, with arts and sporting festivals bringing many visitors. Autumn and early winter is a beautiful time to enjoy a meal by an open fire, something many restaurants and wineries offer. However, rainfall in Adelaide is highest during the cooler months with June averaging the most rainfall, so be prepared by packing for all conditions.
Summer in Adelaide can be very warm, but the city also has the lowest humidity in Australia, which helps to keep you comfortable. From late December to early February, Adelaide temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius, so avoid staying out in the sun for extended periods. Seek out indoor activities, and cool off with a swim in the afternoon.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts and a t-shirt
Don’t forget: Sunscreen, a hat and swimwear
As tree-lined walkways become tinged with red and orange leaves, the weather in Adelaide becomes even more pleasant. Autumn in Adelaide is characterised by warm, sunny days and crisp nights, particularly towards the end of the season. Adelaide Hills usually drop a few degrees cooler, so pack a jumper if you’re heading out to explore.
Appropriate clothing: T-shirt and light cardigan
Don’t forget: A jumper and long pants for cool evenings
Winter in Adelaide often has warm sunny days, with nights cooling down to an average of 7°C. It’s best to wear layers during the day as light winds can make the air feel cooler. Rainfall is most common during winter months, so carrying an umbrella or rain jacket is always wise.
Appropriate clothing: Long pants, a jumper or jacket
Don’t forget: An umbrella and a scarf
As the parklands turn a vibrant green, spring in Adelaide means gardens are in full bloom. Nights can still be cool, averaging between 9-13 degrees Celsius, with temperatures dropping once the sun goes down. Once daylight saving begins in October, the days become warmer, averaging between 21-24 degrees Celsius. Low rainfall makes this a great time to visit.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts with a jumper, or pants with a t-shirt
Don’t forget: A hat and sunscreen
Our Adelaide Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.