Cheap Sydney to Adelaide flights
Great value economy flight to Adelaide
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates10 Oct 2020 - 15 Nov 2020
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights to Adelaide from Sydney
Steeped in history and bursting with experiences, there are many reasons to book a Sydney to Adelaide flight and start exploring South Australia’s fabulous capital. By the time you land at Adelaide Airport, you’ll have flown over the stunning beaches and city lights, giving you just a taste of the beauty in store. Being so close to the city means you can start exploring all Adelaide has to offer, from world-class sporting events to amazing natural scenery. No matter what the season, a visit to Adelaide is always amazing.
At Flight Centre, we can help you to find the cheapest flight to Adelaide from Sydney.
How long does it take to fly from Sydney to Adelaide?
Sydney to Adelaide – 2 hours 10 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Sydney to Adelaide?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Airbus A320
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737
Departing from Sydney
Sydney Airport (SYD) is also known as Mascot Airport or Kingsford Smith Airport, and is located 8km from the city centre. It is the busiest airport in Australia and consists of three terminals, with Terminal 1 the hub for international flights and Terminals 2 and 3 servicing domestic flights. A fast and reliable way to get yourself to the airport – especially during peak times – is the AirportLink train, which departs from Central, Circular Quay, and any of the city stations. Trains run approximately every ten minutes, with the journey taking less than 15 minutes. A one-way ticket is about $19. To use AirportLink, you’ll need to purchase an Opal Card. It’s easy to take a taxi or rideshare service to the airport too, but allow plenty of time if you’re travelling in the peak periods. Read more about Sydney Airport (SYD) transport options.
Where will my flight land?
Adelaide Airport (ADL) is the gateway to South Australia and everything this state has to offer, from the Barossa Valley wine region to Kangaroo Island and the spectacular Limestone Coast. The airport is a hub for eight international airlines, five domestic airlines and a number of regional and charter airlines. Everything is under one roof at Adelaide Airport, which is Australia’s fifth busiest airport, servicing about 8 million passengers a year.
What is the weather like in Adelaide?
The weather in Adelaide does vary, with some hot weather in summer and cool winters. There’s something special to experience any time of year, so the best time to travel to Adelaide depends on your agenda. February and March is busy in the city, with arts and sporting festivals bringing many visitors. Autumn and early winter is a beautiful time to enjoy a meal by an open fire, something many restaurants and wineries offer. However, rainfall in Adelaide is highest during the cooler months with June averaging the most rainfall, so be prepared by packing for all conditions.
Summer in Adelaide can be very warm, but the city also has the lowest humidity in Australia, which helps to keep you comfortable. From late December to early February, Adelaide temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius, so avoid staying out in the sun for extended periods. Seek out indoor activities, and cool off with a swim in the afternoon.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts and a t-shirt
Don’t forget: Sunscreen, a hat and swimwear
As tree-lined walkways become tinged with red and orange leaves, the weather in Adelaide becomes even more pleasant. Autumn in Adelaide is characterised by warm, sunny days and crisp nights, particularly towards the end of the season. Adelaide Hills usually drop a few degrees cooler, so pack a jumper if you’re heading out to explore.
Appropriate clothing: T-shirt and light cardigan
Don’t forget: A jumper and long pants for cool evenings
Winter in Adelaide often has warm sunny days, with nights cooling down to an average of 7 degrees Celsius. It’s best to wear layers during the day as light winds can make the air feel cooler. Rainfall is most common during winter months, so carrying an umbrella or rain jacket is always wise.
Appropriate clothing: Long pants, a jumper or jacket
Don’t forget: An umbrella and a scarf
As the parklands turn a vibrant green, spring in Adelaide means gardens are in full bloom. Nights can still be cool, averaging between 9-13 degrees Celsius, with temperatures dropping once the sun goes down. Once daylight saving begins in October, the days become warmer, averaging between 21-24 degrees Celsius. Low rainfall makes this a great time to visit.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts with a jumper, or pants with a t-shirt
Don’t forget: A hat and sunscreen
Our Adelaide Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.