Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Best Western Amazon
Located just off Syntagma Square, the welcoming Best Western Amazon enjoys an ideal location in the ancient Plaka of Athens with wonderful views of the world-famous Acropolis. Guests may stroll through the narrow streets of the old town, many of them pedestrianized. The Acropolis and the new Acro...
Travel Dates: 15 January - 19 March 2018.
Downtown, amidst Athens' bustling, centuries-old market quarter, Fresh Hotel is a stylish, urban resort, with an unconventional atmosphere, & cool, thoughtful service. A minimalist decor- simple lines with a pop of colour- make Fresh Hotel a sleekly designed sanctuary. With 133 sharply designed a...
Travel Dates: 15 January - 31 March 2018.
Discover the ancient Greek capital during your stay at Novotel Athenes. In summertime, enjoy the breathtaking views of the Acropolis and Lycabettus hill from our roof terrace. Relax with some food or a cocktail by the outdoor swimming pool. With monuments and museums nearby, you can fully experie...
Travel Dates: 15 January - 31 March 2018.
It's pretty impossible to miss Athens' most famous attraction, the Acropolis. The imposing monument towers over Athens on a giant flat top rock and is visited by nearly 3 million people each year. The origins of the Athens Acropolis are shrouded in legend and myth. The Acropolis is also known as Cercropia after the city's mythical first king who, according to legend, was half serpent and half man. The monument is surrounded by three temples and the newly renovated Acropolis Museum is located close by.
While the view from the Acropolis is highly regarded, Athens' best view can be found at the top of Lykavittos Hill. The hill is the highest point in Athens and can be seen from almost all points of the city. To get there you can either walk from Kolonaki or take the funicular railway to the top. Once at the top, take a break at one of the cafes and enjoy in the spectacular view of Athens. The white-washed St George Chapel on Lykavittos Hill is also a beloved for its observation deck which is a great place to snap that picture perfect moment.
While at the Acropolis, take a tour of Partheon, the most significant of the Acropolis' three temples, and learn more about its fascinating history.
Athens Airport (ATH)
Flights from Australia to Athens will disembark at Athens International Airport.
Athens International Airport (ATH) is the international airport for Greece's capital and the wider Attica region. Also known as Elefthérios Venizélos, after the distinguished Greek statesman, Athens International has two terminals and is a growing hub for travel to Asia and the Middle East.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Athens International Airport. Book your Athens Airport accommodation.
Getting to Athens
There are many airlines that offer flights to Athens from Australia that involve a stopover in a third destination. Flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne via Dubai or Abu Dhabi take around 24 hours. Flights from Perth via Dubai take 21 hours.
Airlines that fly to Athens
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Athens from Australia include:
For more information on Athens holidays check out our Athens travel guide.
Planning a trip to Athens? At Flight Centre, our helpful travel consultants and range of cheap flights to Athens will make booking your Greece holiday easy.