Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Sydney to Canberra: 1 hour 10 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 5km
Taxi: Around $20 to CBD
Public Transport: The Airliner Bus and shuttle coaches service the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
A visit to the national capital isn't complete without a tour of the iconic Parliament House. Unveiled in 1988, Parliament House was, at the time, the most expensive building in the world at more than $1.1 billion. It is a breathtaking building and well worth touring to see what goes on in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Another iconic building to visit is Old Parliament House nestled just down the hill. With an overarching sense of history, Old Parliament House now houses the Museum of Australian Democracy to celebrate Australia's political and democratic past. In amongst these hallowed halls, The Kitchen Cabinet also resides a renowned restaurant using only local produce that has had many foodies (and politicians) salivating.
The National Library of Australia is located nearby from the power triangle and maintains one of the largest collections in the country of print materials: from books to newspapers, manuscripts and documents.
Canberra Airport (CBR)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Canberra Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Staying anywhere in the city area will put you in close proximity to Canberra Airport. Book your Canberra Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Canberra
The following airlines fly to Canberra domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Canberra, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.