Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Heartland Hotel Costwold
Full of character, Heartland Hotel Cotswold is warm and welcoming, and the perfect place to relax during your visit to Christchurch. Our spacious grounds feature award-winning gardens, and there is always a seat waiting for you in the Earl of Essex Bar. Our 3-star plus Christchurch hotel is locat...
Travel Dates: 1 May - 30 September 2018.
Experience the 'garden city' with a visit to its famous botanical gardens. Originating from a single oak tree that was planted in 1863, the Christchurch Botanical Gardens are now home to one of New Zealand's finest collections of exotic and native plants. The garden's central location makes it a popular place to escape the busy city streets and relax under a 120-year-old tree. Other highlights of the park include the Avon River and its numerous bridges. Take a punt boat ride down the river and appreciate the city's serene beauty.
If you prefer fauna over flora, then you're going to love the Orana Wildlife Park. Located just outside of the city, the Orana Wildlife Park is New Zealand's only open range zoo, spanning an impressive 80 hectares of natural habitat. The wildlife park takes its name from the Maori word for 'place of refuge' and houses a number of endangered species. Orana has a range of African and South American animals including giraffes, lions, zebras, rhinoceroses and spider monkeys. Local animals are also protected and the park has a dedicated Kiwi breeding unit.
If you're keen to see more of the country's exotic creatures, visit the Southern Encounter Aquarium and Kiwi House where you can get up close to the country's rare national bird.
Christchurch Airport (CHC)
Flights from Australia to Christchurch will disembark at Christchurch International Airport.
Christchurch International Airport (CHC) is the main access point for New Zealand's South Island. The airport consists of a domestic terminal and an international terminal within the one building, however construction is underway of a new domestic terminal building.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Christchurch International Airport. Book your Christchurch Airport accommodation.
Getting to Christchurch
There are several airlines that offer flights to Christchurch from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take three hours. Direct flights from Melbourne take three hours and 15 minutes. Direct flights from Brisbane take three hours and 30 minutes. Flights from Perth via Sydney take around nine hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Christchurch
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Christchurch from Australia include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Christchurch, have a look at our international airline page.
At Flight Centre, our helpful travel consultants and great range of Christchurch Flights will make booking your New Zealand holiday easy.