Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Sydney to the Gold Coast: 1 hours 30 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 25km
Taxi: Around $55 to CBD
Public Transport: Trains and a range of buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
When holidaying at the Gold Coast you can take your pick from a range of water sports. A popular pastime is jet skiing along the river canals that circumnavigate the Nerang River and Broadwater. If you're new to the sport, take part in a jet skiing lesson and be shown around the waters by a guide. It is also possible to hire a jet ski for the day, as well as other water equipment such as surf boards and body boards. Prefer to stay dry? Hire a fishing rod or join a deep sea fishing tour and catch your own seafood dinner.
If swimming in the surf is more your style, don't forget to swim between the flags. Most of the Gold Coast's main beaches are patrolled by life savers who are there to protect you in case you get caught in a rip. Make their job easier by swimming between the flags. These flagged areas are also where you will usually find the best swimming conditions, helping to make your day at the beach an enjoyable experience.
After your swim, enjoy a meal at the local surf club and embrace the laid back Gold Coast lifestyle.
Gold Coast Airport (OOL)
The Gold Coast is serviced by its own international airport and is also only an hour's drive from Brisbane Airport. For helpful information about getting to and from these airports as well as check-in information and more, refer to our Gold Coast Airport Guide and Brisbane Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: All hotels in the Coolangatta area are in close proximity to the Gold Coast Airport. Book your Coolangatta Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to the Gold Coast
As a rapidly growing holiday destination, the Gold Coast is now serviced by several different domestic airlines. These are listed below:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to the Gold Coast, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.
For more on Gold Coast holidays check out our Gold Coast travel guide or view our range of Gold Coast holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.