Cheap Melbourne to Gold Coast flights
Great value economy flight to Gold Coast
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates01 Feb 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights to Gold Coast from Melbourne
Break away from the hustle and bustle of the city and escape to the warm and sunny Gold Coast. Book cheap flights to Gold Coast from Melbourne today and soak in all that this city has to offer. Read more about flying to Gold Coast below.
Taking a Melbourne to Gold Coast flight is much easier and more comfortable than driving for about 18 hours. With flight times as short as two hours and the Gold Coast Airport located at Coolangatta, you can get to the beach quickly. You can then enjoy the sunshine, swim in the blue waters, and ride a few waves. Alternatively, you can head straight to the theme parks, rainforest trails, shopping centres, and wildlife reserves the Gold Coast has to explore.
How long does it take to fly from Melbourne to the Gold Coast?
Melbourne to the Gold Coast – 2 hours
Which airlines fly frequently from Melbourne to the Gold Coast?
Jetstar – Airbus A321
Tigerair – Boeing 737
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737
Departing from Melbourne
There are four airports in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport (MEL) at Tullamarine by far the busiest, and the major airport for all domestic and international flights. Melbourne Airport is approximately 23km to the northwest of the city centre. If you’re departing on a domestic flight from Melbourne Airport, you’ll most likely leave from T1, T3 or T4; Qantas arrives and departs from T1, T3 is reserved for Virgin Australia passengers, and all remaining airlines fly from T4. While there is no direct rail link between the airport and the city, there are a number of reliable options for transport such as taxi, rideshare, shuttle bus, public bus, private transfer service – even helicopter if you feel like a splurge. A typical taxi fare from Flinders Street in the Melbourne city centre to the airport in non-peak hour traffic takes around 30 minutes and will cost between $45 and $62.
Where will my flight land?
Gold Coast Airport welcomes over 6.5 million passengers annually and is one of Australia’s fastest growing airports. It’s located in a unique position, with the Queensland/New South Wales border cutting directly across its runway. Gold Coast Airport is the key aviation hub for the Gold Coast’s 57 kilometres of white sand beaches, as well as northern holiday hotspots of New South Wales, such as Byron Bay. The best way to get from Gold Coast Airport to your accommodation depends on what suits you most, and ranges from budget options like public transport, all the way up to the ultimate in service: the limousine transfer. No matter what you prefer, there are plenty of user-friendly options thanks to all the infrastructure that was put in place for the XXI Commonwealth Games in 2018. Read more about all the ways to get to and from Gold Coast Airport (OOL).
What is the weather like on the Gold Coast?
There’s rarely much to complain about when it comes to the weather on the Gold Coast. Located in South East Queensland, the region enjoys sunshine for at least 300 days of the year. This means that any time is a good time to visit the Gold Coast.
From December until February, the average temperature in the Gold Coast ranges from 21 to 28 degrees Celsius. Make like the locals and cool off by spending your time at one of the many Gold Coast beaches or water-centric theme parks. Summer storms also come in the late afternoons, giving some relief from the heat.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear and cool clothing
Don’t forget: Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
Any week between March 1st and May 31st might be one of the best times to visit the Gold Coast. The temperature cools to averages of 16 to 25 degrees Celsius, but it’s still pleasant enough to go for a swim in the sea. Plus, if you avoid the two weeks of school holidays, you’ll find the beaches and attractions are less crowded compared to summer.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear, shorts, and short-sleeve tops
Don’t forget: A towel to quickly dry off after your swim
A year on the Gold Coast can sometimes feel like one long summer. However, from June to August, the average temperatures do drop to around 12 to 22 degrees Celsius. There are some who still go into the water to catch some waves. If those temperatures are too cold for you, though, visit the Gold Coast anyway to see the whales make their annual journey south.
Appropriate clothing: Shorts or jeans and a light jumper
Don’t forget: A jacket or blanket to wrap up against any chills
Once September hits, the Gold Coast temperature increases to an average of around 14 to 25 degrees Celsius. This signals a return to the water for many locals and visitors. It’s also during the spring when Schoolies starts, bringing a lot partygoers. So if you want a quiet holiday, avoid the Gold Coast during this period.
Appropriate clothing: Swimwear, shorts, and short-sleeve tops
Don’t forget: Sunscreen
Our Gold Coast Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.