Cheap Sydney to Hobart flights
Great value economy flight to Hobart
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates10 Oct 2020 - 15 Nov 2020
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights to Hobart from Sydney
Need a change of scenery? Then a trip to relaxing Tasmania is what you need. Book cheap flights to Hobart from Sydney today and soak in all that this city has to offer. Read more about flying to Hobart below.
Embark on the perfect Hobart holiday with Flight Centre’s cheap Sydney to Hobart flights. Immerse yourself in the wealth of creativity Tasmanian artists and designers have to offer, sip brews in the garden of the picturesque Cascade Brewery, or spend a day admiring objects of history and thought-provoking art at the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA).
How long does it take to fly from Sydney to Hobart?
Sydney to Hobart – 1 hour 55 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Sydney to Hobart?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 717
Departing from Sydney
Sydney Airport (SYD) is also known as Mascot Airport or Kingsford Smith Airport, and is located 8km from the city centre. It is the busiest airport in Australia and consists of three terminals, with Terminal 1 the hub for international flights and Terminals 2 and 3 servicing domestic flights. A fast and reliable way to get yourself to the airport – especially during peak times – is the AirportLink train, which departs from Central, Circular Quay, and any of the city stations. Trains run approximately every ten minutes, with the journey taking less than 15 minutes. A one-way ticket is about $19. To use AirportLink, you’ll need to purchase an Opal Card. It’s easy to take a taxi or rideshare service to the airport too, but allow plenty of time if you’re travelling in the peak periods. Read more about Sydney Airport (SYD) transport options.
Where will my flight land?
Servicing the island state of Tasmania, Hobart International Airport (HBA) is located in Cambridge around 17 kilometres and 15 minutes’ drive from the Hobart city centre. As the main passenger airport in Tasmania, Hobart Airport mostly welcomes domestic airlines and is also the departure point for charter flights to Antarctica. Hobart Airport handles more than 350 flights per week and sees about 2.6 million passengers pass through its gates every year.
What is the weather like in Hobart?
Weather in Hobart is great year-round as every season brings out a different side of the city. If you’re travelling to Hobart in winter, you’ll get what many consider to be the “authentic Tasmanian experience” – cold, misty mornings and beautiful days. During the cooler months, you’ll truly appreciate Hobart’s warm and cosy cafes too. In summer, Hobart comes alive with events in abundance, markets in full swing, and foodie favourites in season (hello berries!).
If you’re not a fan of the cold, summer is the best time to visit Hobart. The temperature sits at around 11 to 21 degrees Celsius, so it’s warm (though rarely hot). There’s minimal rainfall in summer too, particularly in February.
Appropriate clothing: Jeans and a short-sleeve shirt
Don’t forget: A light jacket and layers for travel to alpine areas
Autumn brings out the colour in Hobart. Trees are vibrant, so photo opportunities are plentiful. Temperatures sit around 6 to 20 degrees Celsius, so it’s cool but never hot. This is a great time to travel if you want to avoid crowds as there won’t be as many tourists as in the summer season.
Appropriate clothing: Jeans and a light jacket
Don’t forget: Your camera, boots, extra layers, a water-proof jacket, and warm pyjamas
Winter in Hobart is quite cold (at least by Australian standards!), sometimes a little wet, and snowy at higher altitudes. It’s off-peak season in Tasmania, so you will avoid the crowds and experience Hobart like a local. You’re also likely to secure cheaper flights and accommodation deals. Temperatures sit at around 3 to 12 degrees Celsius, so pack your warmest clothes.
Appropriate clothing: Thermals, jeans, extra layers, and a jacket
Don’t forget: Boots, a water-proof jacket, warm pyjamas, a beanie, a scarf and gloves (or pocket hand warmers)
Spring in Hobart is a great time to see plants flowering. It’s also a quiet time when most tours are just starting to kick back into gear. Temperatures generally sit at around 6 to 19 degrees Celsius. Rainfall is comparatively high in this season, so be sure to pack accordingly.
Appropriate clothing: Jeans and a light jacket
Don’t forget: Boots, extra layers, a water-proof jacket, an umbrella, and warm pyjamas
Our Hobart Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.