Cheap Gold Coast to Sydney flights
Great value economy flight to Sydney
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates01 Feb 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights from Gold Coast to Sydney
With iconic landmarks that are instantly recognisable all over the world, don't miss the perfect photo-op with Sydney's famous Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
How long does it take to fly from the Gold Coast to Sydney?
Gold Coast to Sydney – 1 hour 30 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from the Gold Coast to Sydney?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Airbus A320
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737 or Boeing 717
Departing from the Gold Coast
If you need to get to Gold Coast Airport for a departing flight, you have a number of options. Taxis and rideshare options are abundant on the Gold Coast, and the SkyBus Gold Coast Airport Shuttle operates between Main Beach and Tweed Heads. Public transport and private car hire are also possibilities. If you have time to relax before your flight and you have lounge access, you can either enjoy the Qantas Club or Virgin Australia lounge. Read more about Gold Coast Airport (OOL) including which shops and restaurants you’ll find there.
Where will my flight land?
Sydney Airport (SYD) is also known as Mascot Airport or Kingsford Smith Airport, and is located 8km from the city centre. It is the busiest airport in Australia and consists of three terminals, with Terminal 1 the hub for international flights and Terminals 2 and 3 servicing domestic flights. The taxi service from the airport is efficient and well-organised, the AirportLink train is a fast and inexpensive way to get from the airport to the city, and there are also several other transport options such as airport shuttles.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
The weather in Sydney comprises a sunny climate with mild winters and warm summers, perfect for making the most of the great outdoors. The best time to visit Sydney will depend largely on your personal preference and your ideal getaway plans. You can enjoy the stunning coastal headlands from summer right through winter, and the mild weather and drop in humidity also makes for perfect whale-watching conditions, in autumn and winter.
Summer in Sydney is best spent outdoors. During summer the average temperatures range from 18-25 degrees Celsius, and the average humidity peaks at 65%. It’s a great time to take a dip at one of Sydney’s magnificent beaches or harbourside pools, with water temperatures rising to a comfortable average of 23 degrees.
Appropriate clothing: Comfortable light attire
Don’t forget: A shady hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses
During autumn the humidity drops and average temperature falls between 14-22 degrees Celsius. The crisp autumn air makes for the perfect weather to take a morning stroll along the coast, which is especially inspiring during the annual humpback whale migration.
Appropriate clothing: A light jacket
Don’t forget: A warm scarf for chilly evenings, and a camera for potential whale sightings
Average temperatures drop to between 8-17 degrees Celsius during Sydney winter. The city’s rainfall is also at its highest in these months with an average downpour of 132mm, so make sure to rug up and stay dry.
Appropriate clothing: Long pants, warm jacket
Don’t forget: Raincoat and umbrella
The days are warmer during spring, but the humidity is usually still quite low. With average temperatures fluctuating between 11-23 degrees Celsius, it would be a good idea to pack for two climates. October also marks the beginning of daylight saving, so make sure to turn your watches forward by an hour.
Appropriate clothing: Light jacket, short-sleeve shirt
Don’t forget: You’re on Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)!
Our Sydney Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.