Cheap Melbourne to Sydney flights
Great value economy flight to Sydney
*Prices may vary depending on the dates you select
No online booking feeˇ, you beauty!
Travel dates01 Feb 2020 - 31 Mar 2020
- One way Economy Class airfare.
- Pricing is per person and includes prepaid taxes.
Flights to Sydney from Melbourne
Break away from your routine – escape to the fast-paced and exciting Sydney. Book cheap flights to Sydney from Melbourne today and soak in all that this city has to offer. Read more about flying to Sydney below.
Fly Melbourne to Sydney to explore the finest in fashion, food, entertainment, and more! Whether you’re heading on holiday for a foodie escape or the ultimate shopping trip, Sydney is home to huge shopping centres, boutique retailers, and some of Australia’s best fine-dining experiences. Feeling adventurous? Climb to the highest peaks of the cityscape high above the harbour with the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. Whatever you’re seeking in Sydney, let Flight Centre take you there with the most affordable flights from Melbourne to Sydney.
How long does it take to fly from Melbourne to Sydney?
Melbourne to Sydney – 1 hour 25 minutes
Which airlines fly frequently from Melbourne to Sydney?
Jetstar – Airbus A320
Tigerair – Airbus A320
Virgin Australia – Boeing 737
Qantas – Boeing 737
Departing from Melbourne
There are four airports in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport (MEL) at Tullamarine by far the busiest, and the major airport for all domestic and international flights. Melbourne Airport is approximately 23km to the northwest of the city centre. If you’re departing on a domestic flight from Melbourne Airport, you’ll most likely leave from T1, T3 or T4; Qantas arrives and departs from T1, T3 is reserved for Virgin Australia passengers, and all remaining airlines fly from T4.
While there is no direct rail link between the airport and the city, there are a number of reliable options for transport such as taxi, rideshare, shuttle bus, public bus, private transfer service – even helicopter if you feel like a splurge. A typical taxi fare from Flinders Street in the Melbourne city centre to the airport in non-peak hour traffic takes around 30 minutes and will cost between $45 and $62.
Where will my flight land?
Sydney Airport (SYD) is also known as Mascot Airport or Kingsford Smith Airport, and is located 8km from the city centre. It is the busiest airport in Australia and consists of three terminals, with Terminal 1 the hub for international flights and Terminals 2 and 3 servicing domestic flights. The taxi service from the airport is efficient and well-organised, the AirportLink train is a fast and inexpensive way to get from the airport to the city, and there are also several other transport options such as airport shuttles.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
The weather in Sydney comprises a sunny climate with mild winters and warm summers, perfect for making the most of the great outdoors. The best time to visit Sydney will depend largely on your personal preference and your ideal getaway plans. You can enjoy the stunning coastal headlands from summer right through winter, and the mild weather and drop in humidity also makes for perfect whale-watching conditions, in autumn and winter.
Summer in Sydney is best spent outdoors. During summer the average temperatures range from 18-25 degrees Celsius, and the average humidity peaks at 65%. It’s a great time to take a dip at one of Sydney’s magnificent beaches or harbourside pools, with water temperatures rising to a comfortable average of 23 degrees.
Appropriate clothing: Comfortable light attire
Don’t forget: A shady hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses
During autumn the humidity drops and average temperature falls between 14-22 degrees Celsius. The crisp autumn air makes for the perfect weather to take a morning stroll along the coast, which is especially inspiring during the annual humpback whale migration.
Appropriate clothing: A light jacket
Don’t forget: A warm scarf for chilly evenings, and a camera for potential whale sightings
Average temperatures drop to between 8-17 degrees Celsius during Sydney winter. The city’s rainfall is also at its highest in these months with an average downpour of 132mm, so make sure to rug up and stay dry.
Appropriate clothing: Long pants, warm jacket
Don’t forget: Raincoat and umbrella
The days are warmer during spring, but the humidity is usually still quite low. With average temperatures fluctuating between 11-23 degrees Celsius, it would be a good idea to pack for two climates. October also marks the beginning of daylight saving, so make sure to turn your watches forward by an hour.
Appropriate clothing: Light jacket, short-sleeve shirt
Don’t forget: You’re on Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)!
Our Sydney Travel Experts can assist you in
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.