Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Heartland Hotel Cotswold
Full of character, Heartland Hotel Cotswold is warm and welcoming, and the perfect place to relax during your visit to Christchurch. Our spacious grounds feature award-winning gardens, and there is always a seat waiting for you in the Earl of Essex Bar. Our 3-star plus Christchurch hotel is locat...
Travel Dates: 1 - 31 October 2018
The Novotel Christchurch blends style and sophistication with ergonomic comfort and all the high-tech amenities you need when travelling away from home. The location is unbeatable. Positioned on Cathedral Square, the Novotel Christchurch is only moments to main attractions, Cathedral Square, walk...
Travel Dates: 1 - 31 October 2018
An extremely quick hop across the Tasman, Melbourne to Christchurch flights depart seven times per day. There are direct flight options, although some flights will make a short stop in either Sydney or Auckland.
The weather and culture of Christchurch are both similar to that in Melbourne, so expect a familiar feel in the air when on holiday. The scenery, meanwhile, couldn’t be more different. Prepare to take in some magnificent views (while also taking fantastic photos, of course!). Your New Zealand getaway starts with booking a flight to Christchurch from Melbourne.
Flying To Christchurch
Melbourne to Christchurch Flight Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes.
There are a number of airlines that fly out of Melbourne to Christchurch:
Airlines that fly to Christchurch
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Christchurch from Melbourne include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Christchurch, have a look at our international airline page.
Christchurch Airport (CHC)
Flights from Australia to Christchurch will disembark at Christchurch International Airport.
Christchurch International Airport (CHC) is the main access point for New Zealand's South Island. The airport consists of a domestic terminal and an international terminal within the one building, however construction is underway of a new domestic terminal building.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Christchurch International Airport. Whether you want to stay close to the airport or in the heart of the city, take a look at our range of Christchurch accommodation deals.
Top tips for your trip to Christchurch
Christchurch is a popular gateway to Antarctica. In fact 70 per cent of visitors to Antarctica leave from Christchurch. While you might not want to venture that far, you can still get a taste for the vast and frozen continent at Christchurch's International Antarctic Centre. In addition to being a popular tourist attraction, the centre is the base for New Zealand's America's and Italy's research missions to Antarctica. Needless to say, a great amount of serious work takes place in the centre but there is also a lot of fun to be had too. Experience an ice storm, coo at cute blue penguins and take a thrilling ride on a Hugglund, a pseudo truck vehicle designed for the harsh elements of Antarctica.
Swap ice for ocean and take a cruise from Lyttelton Port. Located just on the outskirts of Christchurch, many of the day cruises that leave Lyttelton aim to spot wildlife along the way. Whale watching in particular is a popular occurrence, while sightings of dolphins, seals and albatrosses are common too.
For more on Christchurch holidays check out our range of Christchuch holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.