Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Rio is indeed a city of breathtaking views. There are a few views in particular, though, that simply should not be missed on any trip to Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil's most famous view is the one from its most famous landmark and indeed most significant religious monument, the statue of Christ the Redeemer. While it's this Wonder of the World that drags so many visitors to the peak of Corcovado, it's the breathtaking view of the city and bay below that keeps them there for so long. Be sure to choose a clear day to make the trip up to Christ the Redeemer, even if it means delaying the next leg of your trip. You won't regret it.
Another of Rio's unmissable views is the one from the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain, or Pao de Acucar. Take a cable car from Red Beach to the top of this 390-foot granite mountain, and prepare to be completely blown away by the views along the way. The 360 degree panorama view encompasses Rio's famous beaches such as Flamengo and Copacabana, Corcovado and Christ the Redeemer, Guanabara Bay, downtown Rio and the unique peak of Dedo de Deus, or God's Finger.
Rio de Janeiro Airport (GIG)
Flights from Australia to Rio de Janeiro will disembark at Rio de Janeiro/Galeão-Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport.
In 1999 Rio de Janeiro's principle airport was renamed the Rio de Janeiro/Galeão-Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (GIG) after the Brazilian musician Antonio Carlos Jobim.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Rio de Janeiro/Galeão-Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport. Book your Rio de Janeiro Airport accommodation.
Getting to Rio de Janeiro
There are many airlines that offer flights to Rio de Janeiro from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Santiago take 18 hours and 35 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Sydney and Santiago take 21 hours and 25 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Auckland and Santiago take 22 hours. Flights from Perth via Dubai and Santiago take 27 hours and 25 minutes.
Airlines that fly to Rio de Janeiro
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Rio de Janeiro from Australia include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Rio de Janeiro, have a look at our international airline page.