Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
No visit to Rome is complete without a tour of the Vatican Museum and its centrepiece the Sistine Chapel. The name is derived from Pope Sixtus IV who was responsible for restoring the chapel beginning in 1477. The real treasure of the chapel is the incredible artistry; the most famous artwork being Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam painted by the Renaissance Master on the ceiling between 1508 and 1512. Today the chapel is used as the location for the Papal conclave to select a new Pope when the time arises.
As part of a Vatican Museum tour, explore the classical antiquities from ancient Greece and Rome, admire the renaissance tapestries and appreciate the ceramic collection. There are also several other chapels that can be visited including the Chapel of Nicholas V and Chapel of Urban VIII.
For a greater understanding of the treasures of the Vatican, consider taking a guided tour with an expert who'll put the collection into context.
Rome Airport (FCO)
Flights from Australia to Rome will disembark at Rome Airport Fiumicino.
Rome Airport Fiumicino (FCO) is Rome's international airport and the largest airport in Italy. The airport is also known as Leonardo da Vinci airport of Rome, after the iconic Italian artist and inventor.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Rome Airport Fiumicino. Book your Rome Airport accommodation.
Getting to Rome
There are many airlines that offer flights to Rome from Australia that involve a stopover in a third destination. Flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne via Dubai take between 23 and 25 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Dubai take around 20 hours.
Airlines that fly to Rome
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Rome from Australia include: