Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Giglio Dell Opera
Located in a prime location in the historical and commercial district of Rome, minutes from shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. Also within close proximity to the underground and bus line stops.
Travel Dates: Selected travel dates 01 May 2018 - 11 June 2018.
The Hotel Kennedy is located between Termini main railway station and the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, in a very central location within walking distance of the main tourist attractions. This is a very good standard hotel for its category which has a touch of familiarity. Wi-Fi connection av...
Travel Dates: 1 February - 31 March 2018.
Domus Romana Hotel & Residence
The Hotel & Residence Domus Romana is a refined and comfortable 4 star hotel, recently renovated and situated in the historic centre of Rome between Piazza Barberini and Via Nazionale. The position of the building is an optimum destination for those who intend to stay close to the most important ...
Travel Dates: 7 January - 28 February 2018.
Perhaps the most inspiring and at the same time macabre symbol of ancient Rome is the Colosseum, located to the east of the Roman forum and primarily used for gladiatorial contests. Construction of the 50,000 seat auditorium began in 72CE under the emperor Vespasian and completed eight years later under the emperor Titus. The original name, Amphitheatrum Flavium, is an amalgamation of the two emperor's names. Today, apart from being a significant tourist attraction, the site holds a ceremonial role on Good Friday when the Pope leads a procession from the Colosseum.
Another famous Roman structure that has been very well preserved is the Pantheon, which literally means, 'to every god'. The current structure was built by Emperor Hadrian in 126 CE. Even today, the domed roof remains the world's largest unreinforced concrete dome.
A tour around the Roman Forum is a good idea, as it can be difficult to imagine the layout of the ancient city without the assistance of an experienced guide.
Rome Airport (FCO)
Flights from Australia to Rome will disembark at Rome Airport Fiumicino.
Rome Airport Fiumicino (FCO) is Rome's international airport and the largest airport in Italy. The airport is also known as Leonardo da Vinci airport of Rome, after the iconic Italian artist and inventor.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Rome Airport Fiumicino. Book your Rome Airport accommodation.
Getting to Rome
There are many airlines that offer flights to Rome from Australia that involve a stopover in a third destination. Flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne via Dubai take between 23 and 25 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Dubai take around 20 hours.
Airlines that fly to Rome
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Rome from Australia include: